MLS - 2023 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
galaxy completely f***ed over by VAR tonight. absolute bullshit

on the bright side, they're undefeated since klein's firing

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
galaxy completely f***ed over by VAR tonight. absolute bullshit

on the bright side, they're undefeated since klein's firing

I'm still mad even after sleeping on it. Now to be fair we played like shit after we took the lead both times, but taking away the PK and not upgrading the yellow to red on Yueill makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Freaking ridiculous.

F0AusSvaIAAyJEF

Reactions: Terry Yake

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nice win for the Galaxy. Big save from Bond, excellent goal from Boyd and even Klinsmann came up with a save. Great to see Rigui on the scoresheet. Loved that run from midfield. I wonder if Chiellini had anything to say this time.

Riqui’s family apparently came over for the match.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What a perfect game on so many levels. The stadium, the atmosphere, the game. What's funny is I think if we played this game when it originally supposed to be played we would've gotten smoked even if we were all healthy. But since firing Klein and the fans are back supporting the team and LAFC in a bad run of form it was a perfect storm for us.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The crowd was next level last night. The LA derby is truly becoming one of the marquee matchups on the football calendar.

Puig may be the most talented player in the league on his day as well. What a player.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I didn’t see the match, only the highlights, but a really good advertisement for the league (if only in this country). Cool it was at the Rose Bowl too.

Have to give Chiellini credit for (partially) apologizing to Riqui.

I’m a big Riqui fanboy. Of late I’ve been looking at some things on YouTube and some searches yielded plenty of interviews and press conferences, some months ago. Very impressed with him overall. I know his move to MLS raised eyebrows, even with his own family and friends, but he’s made some interesting comments:

-He’s very professional and pretty well spoken.
-He really wants to make a name for himself and even wants to be the MVP of the league.
-He said he lives for big moments like yesterday and relishes playing under pressure.
-He’s been very honest, or seemingly so, with his take on leaving Barcelona.
-He hasn’t ruled out a move back to Europe in the future.
-Really strikes me a leader when he talks about the Galaxy’s current situation.
-Just looking at last night’s goal the way he made the runs and called for the ball, he likes to try and take over a match. Of course he already did that in Barcelona when he actually got a chance.
-He’s also very confident in his own abilities.

Anyway, as talented as he is, I’m very impressed by his professionalism/mentality/personality.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I didn’t see the match, only the highlights, but a really good advertisement for the league (if only in this country). Cool it was at the Rose Bowl too.

Have to give Chiellini credit for (partially) apologizing to Riqui.

I’m a big Riqui fanboy. Of late I’ve been looking at some things on YouTube and some searches yielded plenty of interviews and press conferences, some months ago. Very impressed with him overall. I know his move to MLS raised eyebrows, even with his own family and friends, but he’s made some interesting comments:

-He’s very professional and pretty well spoken.
-He really wants to make a name for himself and even wants to be the MVP of the league.
-He said he lives for big moments like yesterday and relishes playing under pressure.
-He’s been very honest, or seemingly so, with his take on leaving Barcelona.
-He hasn’t ruled out a move back to Europe in the future.
-Really strikes me a leader when he talks about the Galaxy’s current situation.
-Just looking at last night’s goal the way he made the runs and called for the ball, he likes to try and take over a match. Of course he already did that in Barcelona when he actually got a chance.
-He’s also very confident in his own abilities.

Anyway, as talented as he is, I’m very impressed by his professionalism/mentality/personality.

Considering his form since joining MLS, I would be shocked if the offers aren't flying in as early as this upcoming winter. A lot lesser players have been sold to European clubs.

This is what happens when two teams from same region are built to win and are not side projects of European league sides.

I feel ya, man.

Reactions: sabremike

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I only see highlights so feel free to correct me, but the Galaxy seem to have some wind behind their sails with Riqui, Costa and Boyd leading the charge. The can quickly move up the table if this form continues too. From the highlights it looked like Riqui was the Man of the Match which he capped off with another excellent goal.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The site is acting wonky so I can't quote @Basement Cat , but on a related note, I'm how roster rules apply to players that have been here a while. I'm assuming they'd still have to apply for citizenship, but curious if that is the case.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
The site is acting wonky so I can't quote @Basement Cat , but on a related note, I'm how roster rules apply to players that have been here a while. I'm assuming they'd still have to apply for citizenship, but curious if that is the case.

I'm not an expert on it either but I know there are plenty of instances of foreign players who have been here long enough to be counted as "domestic" in the league roster rules - I believe this is after they apply for and receive a green card. They have eventually met the criteria to be USMNT eligible too, like Luciano Acosta.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm not an expert on it either but I know there are plenty of instances of foreign players who have been here long enough to be counted as "domestic" in the league roster rules - I believe this is after they apply for and receive a green card. They have eventually met the criteria to be USMNT eligible too, like Luciano Acosta.

Thanks for the insight.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Riqui playing for the US, but that said if he were open to the idea then I'd be all for it. It'd be nice to see him on the international stage.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Thanks for the insight.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Riqui playing for the US, but that said if he were open to the idea then I'd be all for it. It'd be nice to see him on the international stage.

Yeah I don't think it's much of a possibility as he is good enough to go back to Europe as soon as the next transfer window. And I am almost certain he has to live here for 5 consecutive years to be eligible for the switch. If that is the case, he would be eligible at some point in 2027-2028 when he is about 28 years old.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah I don't think it's much of a possibility as he is good enough to go back to Europe as soon as the next transfer window. And I am almost certain he has to live here for 5 consecutive years to be eligible for the switch. If that is the case, he would be eligible at some point in 2027-2028 when he is about 28 years old.

Well considering his approach to playing in MLS I could see being somewhat optimistic he might entertain the idea. However, I think for him it'll really come down to family and is girlfriend which for me translates to a return to Europe and specifically Spain or maybe Portugal.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad