MLS - 2023 Season

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Busquets game has never been running, and he's still miles more useful than the ghost of Suarez. People haven't watched Barcelona this year and it shows. His absence is our biggest hole to fill now in our 11.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I’m not so sure the whole running thing would be an issue. It would really depend on how the side is set up. If they’re more possession based I think Busquets could do it. I wouldn’t sign him up to any long term deal, maybe a year with an option.

If I’m Inter Miami the one player I’m looking from that “list” is Alba. I don’t know who they have in that position, but IMO that’s a no-brainer.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Barca is also a way better team than 90% of La Liga. Inter Miami stinks right now. The style of play of the league, but also how Miami will play vs. what Busquets is accustomed to, will be much different. With how MLS roster structures work, it would be a waste to spend a DP slot for more than one season on Busquets.

I mention Suarez, not because I think he is a better player at this point, but just because they won't have to commit any term to him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well I’m rather ignorant of how may DPs each team gets and the overall salary constraints. Maybe a player can still fit in without being a DP? Anyway, like I said, of the former Barca players mentioned I’d look at Alba first. Always had a great a connection with Messi on the pitch and still can play. He should have played more this past season and would have were it not for Balde. He’d need defensive cover to a degree, but a real creative outlet out wide.

Reactions: luiginb

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Is this the first time that there is a player in MLS that every single team in the world would gladly have in their 18? Maaaaybe a case can be made for 2012ish Henry when he went back to arsenal on loan and showed he still had the goods.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Is this the first time that there is a player in MLS that every single team in the world would gladly have in their 18? Maaaaybe a case can be made for 2012ish Henry when he went back to arsenal on loan and showed he still had the goods.
Might be a case of the best player in the world playing in MLS.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Your butthurt about this is amusing. Hope more and more Argentinian youth players come to our league :)
Im coming across as butt hurt? Im just having fun with a shitty moment but IM certainly not upset at anyone. As I said before he made his decision this is his life and he's earned that right to pick his next team. Sure are things I wanted for him to accomplish and I wish I could enjoy him more but it is what it is. Im grateful.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Im coming across as butt hurt? Im just having fun with a shitty moment but IM certainly not upset at anyone. As I said before he made his decision this is his life and he's earned that right to pick his next team. Sure are things I wanted for him to accomplish and I wish I could enjoy him more but it is what it is. Im grateful.

Just a bit. We know you don't care for this league. Coming in here and saying he is "on loan" when he's not and that being your only contribution in this thread? If the shoe fits.

Reactions: Viqsi

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just a bit. We know you don't care for this league. Coming in here and saying he is "on loan" when he's not and that being your only contribution in this thread? If the shoe fits.
I'll be honest and say I didn't even know where I was posting... its all one big Messi thread atm. I dont care for the league when it snaps up Argentinean youth players who ruin their career otherwise I really dont care much about it. Hell i've seen a TFC game live once.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Gave away two points yesterday, which is frustrating. Without a true #9, goalscoring has become spotty and Klauss's quad has been finicky. Rumors of Firmino persist...

Reactions: BrokenFace

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Gave away two points yesterday, which is frustrating. Without a true #9, goalscoring has become spotty and Klauss's quad has been finicky. Rumors of Firmino persist...

Thought for sure you guys would clock us, very happy to come away with a point after losing Chicharito for the rest of the year

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TFC got destroyed last night. Bob needs to go before it's too late. I still think there is a chance to save this Italian experiment and team if the club acts soon.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
His context is obviously playing at environments like Barca and Madrid, but let’s be real, most clubs in European top flights have accepted losing just fine.
Insigne had similar comments a while back:
"The football here is different, though. There's not this obsessive need for victory (at any cost). The fans always cheer us on and make us feel appreciated. They're a lot more serene."

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Galaxy are only so good, but they strike me as unlucky as well. They could and probably should have taken the three points against KC. At least Judd looks like he could help solve the goalscoring issue. Riqui with an excellent assist and really might have had another.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Galaxy are only so good, but they strike me as unlucky as well. They could and probably should have taken the three points against KC. At least Judd looks like he could help solve the goalscoring issue. Riqui with an excellent assist and really might have had another.

Yeah that was a frustrating result. Played well enough to get the win, unlucky on the handball in the 90th minute. Boyd hit the crossbar 10 minutes earlier and if he scores that the games done. If Caceres is out for a long time then it gets even worse. Neal is out with the National team and Mavinga and Coulibaly haven't been very good this year.

The vibes around the club is a lot better now that Klein is gone, but the results, injuries and transfer ban still makes this season immensely frustrating.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah that was a frustrating result. Played well enough to get the win, unlucky on the handball in the 90th minute. Boyd hit the crossbar 10 minutes earlier and if he scores that the games done. If Caceres is out for a long time then it gets even worse. Neal is out with the National team and Mavinga and Coulibaly haven't been very good this year.

The vibes around the club is a lot better now that Klein is gone, but the results, injuries and transfer ban still makes this season immensely frustrating.

Judd’s first disallowed goal was pretty close for me as I felt the defender embellished there, but I can see it called off. Bond might have stopped both goals too as he got a hand to them. IMO just unlucky, but you have to take the performance and the goals/near goals.

Coulibaly always looks like a train wreck the few times I get to see full matches.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I mentioned it in the transfer thread but I'll put it here as well, Teemu Pukki joins Minnesota United. Its a free transfer but he will be a DP, two year deal + option for 2025

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad