OT: MLB Thread 2024

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If a pitcher comes in while his team is ahead and pitches the final 3 (or more) innings, he is given a save, regardless of the score. I don't know when that became official, but it's been for my whole lifetime that I can remember.

My old man used to hate saves. I remember one morning long ago he showed me the box score of a game (in the newspaper of course, LOL) that was like 10-2 or whatever and he was incredulous that a save was awarded and used that to further justify his hatred of the stat.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Good bullpen pickups for the Mets. Would have liked another lefty, but the combo of Youngs is what they have.

If they pick up Maton, you've got Nunez, Maton, Brazoban, and Garrett as RH relievers for next season outside of Diaz. Butto could be in that mix too, same with Megill if they ever give up on him as a starter.

Didn't give up anything of relevance either. They can go big game hunting in the off-season

Reactions: majordomo

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
If a pitcher comes in while his team is ahead and pitches the final 3 (or more) innings, he is given a save, regardless of the score. I don't know when that became official, but it's been for my whole lifetime that I can remember.

My old man used to hate saves. I remember one morning long ago he showed me the box score of a game (in the newspaper of course, LOL) that was like 10-2 or whatever and he was incredulous that a save was awarded and used that to further justify his hatred of the stat.
I agree with him 100%

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Yankees once again had a mediocre/bad trade deadline and Cashman is gonna waste another all-timer year from a generational talent, and Soto is probably gone.

Idiot

Do you have a few minutes to discuss our lord and savior Jazz Chisholm Jr.?

• Haha
Reactions: Irishguy42

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

It became an official stat in 1969.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If Soto doesn't accept an deal from Cashman this summer, it's a failure, TBH

Granted, there is a limit, but like...Soto is freaking great and should be signed it any deal TBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad