Jan 21, 2011
NYC
8xu5eg.jpg

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only thing nasty about Nestor is his inability to close out hitters.
Seven of his eight hits were with two strikes. Many of them getting ahead in the count.
Walking Alex Jackson with his meaty .086 BA after being ahead 1-2
And then giving up a HR to him after throwing a first pitch strike and then going full count.
VOMIT!
Nestor really just doesn't have stuff to get Major League hitters out and the teams that see the Yankees often have scouted his tricks.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The Yankees are an embarrassment. Keep trotting Cashman and Boone out there every year, Hal is a stupid nepo baby.

Jahmai Jones lead off, JD Davis clean up, 0-6 4 strikeouts lol.

Verdugo bunting to get up a catcher from Scranton and DJ.

The decisions being made by the coach and front office are batshit crazy on a nightly basis.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I can respect Mendoza there. He's not giving you some bullshit answers and pretending he's smarter than everyone. He says they knew the situation, they liked Diekman's stuff, so he let it play out. Honestly when you have four competent relievers, two have already pitched and the other is apparently unavailable, I guess you do sometimes have to just go with your gut.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I am glad he didn't go after Soto. He always kills the Mets. Might not have been by choice, but he's the better hitter of the two.

Judge also seemed caught off guard. I understood the first pitch, but he didn't offer at the two others in the zone. Diekman was such a wildcard Judge couldn't gage him. He also got nothing all night. It's not an excuse, just a reality.

Got the Rice 395ft out that would have been gone just about anywhere, McNeil forgetting how to run the bases, then redeeming himself with a homer. Mets kind of pull one out where it could have gotten off the rails.

Those lefties are going to be in tomorrow, in spite of the matchup. Cole will want redemption for his 1st start against the Mets.

Reactions: noncents

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Judge and Soto retired this afternoon, the Yankees have -no hyperbole here- just about a Triple-A lineup.

It's astounding how many holes they have, and they just continue to multiply with the refusal/inability to fill them. They won't spend money and they can't develop anyone. They're the Rays without anything that's good about the Rays.

Tripping over a generational talent at 32 overall is masking that this is the worst-run organization in New York.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeetchisGod

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
If Judge and Soto retired this afternoon, the Yankees have -no hyperbole here- just about a Triple-A lineup.

It's astounding how many holes they have, and they just continue to multiply with the refusal/inability to fill them. They won't spend money and they can't develop anyone. They're the Rays without anything that's good about the Rays.

Tripping over a generational talent at 32 overall is masking that this is the worst-run organization in New York.
Every time I look at their team I just wonder where tf all the money is going. This week they had Jahmai Jones batting leadoff, Austin Wells as a cleanup hitter. Any money they spend on a non Hall of Famer is essentially being lit on fire

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every time I look at their team I just wonder where tf all the money is going. This week they had Jahmai Jones batting leadoff, Austin Wells as a cleanup hitter. Any money they spend on a non Hall of Famer is essentially being lit on fire
Judge, Cole, Soto, Stanton, Rodon, Stroman, Rizzo, LeMahieu, and Torres are 75% of the payroll. Nobody else is making 8 digits.

Judge, Soto, and Cole, sure. Cool beans.

Rodon was never that guy. Not a fan of that signing.

I like Stroman but I was really surprised to learn he makes that much.

Rizzo was a mistake. He's old and broken down and they boxed themselves into that by not having a 1B since Teixeira. Bryce Harper pretty much volunteered to play 1B for this team and they were like "nah."

They should have moved on from DJ after his injuries.

Torres should be put in a boat and sailed out to sea.

Stanton, to me, is the major impetus here. It was a really dumb move that didn't really fill a need, but it was flashy. It was the type of move George made at his worst. Ever since then, it's like "well that's it, hard 180 in the other direction."

Like, I feel like they don't spend as much as they could and just leave obvious holes to rot, but almost every time they do spend money, I wish they hadn't. It's just bad management from a guy who can't run an MLB team in 2024.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Judge, Cole, Soto, Stanton, Rodon, Stroman, Rizzo, LeMahieu, and Torres are 75% of the payroll. Nobody else is making 8 digits.

Rizzo was a mistake. He's old and broken down and they boxed themselves into that by not having a 1B since Teixeira. Bryce Harper pretty much volunteered to play 1B for this team and they were like "nah."

Stanton, to me, is the major impetus here. It was a really dumb move that didn't really fill a need, but it was flashy. It was the type of move George made at his worst. Ever since then, it's like "well that's it, hard 180 in the other direction."

Like, I feel like they don't spend as much as they could and just leave obvious holes to rot, but almost every time they do spend money, I wish they hadn't. It's just bad management from a guy who can't run an MLB team in 2024.
Why can’t they just skip out on the next Cashman FA fail and poach some nerd from the Rays. I don’t get why it is this hard to put the best team on paper together with 250-300 million

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I am glad he didn't go after Soto. He always kills the Mets. Might not have been by choice, but he's the
Got the Rice 395ft out that would have been gone just about anywhere, McNeil forgetting how to run the bases, then redeeming himself with a homer. Mets kind of pull one out where it could have gotten off the rails.
Sure but - I don't know how true this is - the met announcers said Gleybers ball was a homer in just 5 parks - the Stadium gives and takes.

Mets have been making an embarrassing number of baserunning mistakes lately. Does Bader think he can run that much faster just because he shaved?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Cashman is an incompetent GM who stood on the shoulders of Watson and Michael for the only success that he's had.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

The consensus here seemed to be very positive on these guys when picked up but its hard to know exactly when a player overstays their welcome. Some on here even wanted Judge to leave in FA to get that comp pick. What would the Yanks have looked like the past few years if he signed with Oakland out of HS?

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I've always liked the Mets, but they've become 1 of my 2 favorites this season.

If the NYY traded Cole, Judge, and Soto, they could be the new Os, but Cashman would never do that.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Take Judge and Soto out of the lineup and I honestly believe they would have trouble beating a AAA team

I've always liked the Mets, but they've become 1 of my 2 favorites this season.

If the NYY traded Cole, Judge, and Soto, they could be the new Os, but Cashman would never do that.
Trading them won't do shit when you suck at drafting and developing talent

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad