OT: MLB Thread 2024

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hehe, I was a kid but a remember the wonder that was Kevin Maas. I'm too scarred...
If you haven't, you should watch The Bronx Zoo on Peacock. I'd recommend any baseball fan to watch it.

If you want to see dysfunction, it was that team.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Gut check win for the Mets. Diaz blowing it, but Chapman is still the same guy.

Already clinched a .500 road trip. If you take tomorrow you've got a chance to jump ahead of a team like Arizona during their homestand.

Still need an arm for the pen, maybe two. I like the idea of trying Peterson out there when Senga is back. Wonder if they'd mess with Scott and put him in the pen. Already like Butto out there. I think that is his home for this team going forward.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I feel like Stearns doesn't want to help the bullpen because he'd rather sell at the deadline. He knows he has job security so he's more interested in next year, particularly since he's shown "the Mets can be competitive" which is what Cohen wanted.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I feel like Stearns doesn't want to help the bullpen because he'd rather sell at the deadline. He knows he has job security so he's more interested in next year, particularly since he's shown "the Mets can be competitive" which is what Cohen wanted.
good. mets can't win shit this year. sell everything

Reactions: Ruggs225

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Its awesome we have a guy with a plan.

Also helps to have a billionaire owner who loves the team, doesnt need to maximize profits, and wants a WS more than the players.

Sell, sell, sell. Including Alonso.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I do like the move for Maton, but it's the Rays, so he might be cooked if they gave up on him.

Butto is the guy that I'd love to see get a nice run in some leverage spots. He's got very good stuff and the influx of starters moving through the system, his home is most likely as a bullpen piece.

You've got Senga locked in, on top of guys like Scott, Vasil, and Tidwell that are younger and will be given shots at starting. Sproat is a big ticket piece you hope is an upper end of the rotation piece. You still have Peterson as a back end of the rotation player, and you know that Cohen will want to spend this summer to improve the staff. It wouldn't shock me if they try and bring Severino back.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I do like the move for Maton, but it's the Rays, so he might be cooked if they gave up on him.

Butto is the guy that I'd love to see get a nice run in some leverage spots. He's got very good stuff and the influx of starters moving through the system, his home is most likely as a bullpen piece.

You've got Senga locked in, on top of guys like Scott, Vasil, and Tidwell that are younger and will be given shots at starting. Sproat is a big ticket piece you hope is an upper end of the rotation piece. You still have Peterson as a back end of the rotation player, and you know that Cohen will want to spend this summer to improve the staff. It wouldn't shock me if they try and bring Severino back.
Vasil has been complete ass this year. 59K in 71 innings.

Tidwell we could see later this summer, and Sproat and Jonah Tong are looking like real pieces.

big ol Ty Stuart has finally put together a couple of good starts, though you wonder if he's best suited for the pen eventually.

It really sucks that Williams and Gilbert (and Ronny Mo) lost this year. They were potentially ready to get shots and with McNeil mostly lost and Marte on the IL we have holes at 2B and RF.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Mets continue to toy with my heart.

Vientos looks like the real deal at 3B. Curious what the plan is for Baty and Mauricio at this point. They can’t both play 2B. Mauricio is recovering from surgery and won’t be back this season, so more of a next season problem. Baty is smacking the cover off the ball in AAA.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Curious what the plan is for Baty and Mauricio at this point.
My hope is Mauricio is going to be their long term RF. He's a good athlete with a great arm. Marte won't be around much longer and he is built to add more muscle and be a big time switch hitting power hitter corner OF. You are also deep at 2nd with Acuna and Williams.

Baty still has to prove it. Idk where he slots. Vientos has gotten better at 3rd. DH might be open, it's not like JD Martinez is a given next season, as is Alonso. 1st base could be open for someone like Vientos.

There are really 3 known pieces for the lineup next year: Nimmo, Lindor, and Alvarez. Every other spot is still being figured out.

Reactions: Crease

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad