OT: s o f t players d i s c u s s i o n

In your humble opinion, who is the softest player on the Leafs?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
101000119300_LF-MAF-13_-CARLTON-MASCOT-PLUSH_1.jpg

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Either Mitch or Lilly. Auston does have some bit-back in his game now and uses his strength to gain leverage on the puck. Tavares and Nylander also routinely use their strength to outmuscle their opponents even if they don't fight or engage in scrums all that often. OEL showed some snarl while on Florida, and Minten is an OHL'er so this comparison is entirely unfair for him right now.

I like Lilly but he gets bullied quite a bit, the Bruins ate him alive. Won't forget the one time he landed a decent hit against some Bruin only to have Marchand and that same Bruin plant him on his ass shortly after on that same shift. I guess he should get points for at least trying and the fact that as a defenseman he's subject to more punishment than forwards, especially wingers who can choose to avoid it, like the next guy I'm going to mention.

Mitch brings little physicality to his game and also refuses to fight back in any situation. The guy looks like a lost child any time a scrum breaks out and he's on the ice. Dude also acts like a piss-baby way too much for someone who wears a letter and his constant fighting with the media is a poor look and not reflective of someone who truly doesn't care what the media thinks.

So Mitch is the softest with Lilly second.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
All of them but Tavares. Due to his size Matthews is probably the wimpiest.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nylander is the answer.

The blocked shots and hit leader for our forwards in the playoffs, I 100% agree.
This year Matty had more hits, but Willy had more blocked shots (and more of each than Mitch).

Believe it or not, Willy was tied for third in blocks among forwards, and third in blocks/60.

But I'm not surprised you are one of the very few who voted for Willy.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This year Matty had more hits, but Willy had more blocked shots (and more of each than Mitch).

Believe it or not, Willy was tied for third in blocks among forwards, and third in blocks/60.

But I'm not surprised you are one of the very few who voted for Willy.

I'm not surprised you used a small sample size to fit your desired outcome... carry on.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Im going to miss Bertuzzi/Domi together. They added some much needed nastyness to the top 6. It was enjoyable watching them target Marchand in the playoffs and bully him a bit. Hopefully losing Bertuzzi doesnt make Domi less physical or makes him try to do everthing imself like Kadri in the past.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
op looks like he's running low on ideas for new threads

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jmo89

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Marner has always been soft, not sure a poll is needed to validate that.
For his size Matthews is disappointingly soft.

Reactions: myleafs

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I see the narrative on OEL has started early
Jason Strudwick was on overdrive on July 1st. He made a joke (paraphrasing): OEL had an aversion to hi fiving other players due to not wanting any body contact, but then changed in FLA. Some nights he lead the team in hits.

For the record I'm in OEL's corner. I like this signing, and I hope he works out for TOR.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Definitely Fraser Minten. Typically younger people have softer skin than older people, so it's a safe choice.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Full size of their most recent playoffs.

I'm not surprised you didn't actually address it.

Because as soon as you look past that super small sample size you realize that it is the outlier...

This is not hard to figure out, but if you want an answer here:

Yes, Nylander had more blocked shots last playoff, it has been established that Marner had a terrible playoff.

In the last 5 years, this is the only year that Nylander had more blocked shots, and over that span, the blocked shots are 29 to 15 for Marner.

Seems like last year is not the norm, but you'll likely find a way to convince yourself it was.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1