OT: MLB Thread 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Yankees probably would have won game 1 if they had Soto in there. Overall, not a bad series considering. Didn't leave me thinking the Yankees can't beat the Dodgers at full strength in a potential WS matchup.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
If Rizzo and Torres get their heads out of their asses, we should be ok
I think Torres will be okay, even if he's a mess on defense half the time. DJ and Rizzo? My faith in them to get on a "heater" to just become MLB average in October? Have more faith in Kakko becoming a 50 goal scorer at this point.

Which they could get more out of catcher offensively but as long as the pitching remains strong, that's their #1 concern. 1st and 3rd has to be better. Stanton as DH might not do much for average these days but he's still shown he can hit in the playoffs.

Rizzo really hasn't been the same since his concussion, and it's hard to count on him moving forward. Ben Rice just got promoted to AAA and is mashing right now. They really need to give him a look later in the season if he continues to hit. Then obviously Dominquez has to find a spot somewhere. Going to be a very enlightening summer for this team.

Judge got through the Dodgers series without slamming through a wall so I already consider this series as a victory.

Last edited:

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Not human. Despite all of his injuries and coming into the league pretty late he's still probably going to finish really high on the all time leaderboards

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The crazy case of DJ LeMahieu. People forget that when he was brought in by the Yankees that the vision was of him being a "super sub" like how Ben Zobrist was being used. Really before coming here at age 30, he had only one good offensive season in COL. (OPS+ of 123) Every other year in his career, he had an OPS+ of under 100. Then he had a career year (and a half) and they foolishly thought that was the new norm. Instead, he's just regressed back to his actual norm and is old.

Rizzo looks cooked.

Torres is being his streaky self. It seems every year this happens with him. He'll end up with an OPS+ around 110-115. Fine for bottom of order along with the catching tandem.

You can get away with all or nothing Stanton in a good lineup so that's whatever.

Verdugo is playing to the back of his baseball card offensively but that shouldn't be a reason to keep Dominguez out of the MLB. The defense does provide a little conundrum, I'll admit. Still, I want Jasson under the wings of Soto as soon as possible.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The crazy case of DJ LeMahieu. People forget that when he was brought in by the Yankees that the vision was of him being a "super sub" like how Ben Zobrist was being used. Really before coming here at age 30, he had only one good offensive season in COL. (OPS+ of 123) Every other year in his career, he had an OPS+ of under 100. Then he had a career year (and a half) and they foolishly thought that was the new norm. Instead, he's just regressed back to his actual norm and is old.

Rizzo looks cooked.

Torres is being his streaky self. It seems every year this happens with him. He'll end up with an OPS+ around 110-115. Fine for bottom of order along with the catching tandem.

You can get away with all or nothing Stanton in a good lineup so that's whatever.

Verdugo is playing to the back of his baseball card offensively but that shouldn't be a reason to keep Dominguez out of the MLB. The defense does provide a little conundrum, I'll admit. Still, I want Jasson under the wings of Soto as soon as possible
It’s Stanton who gets in the way of Dominguez right now. I’m sure the Yankees would love to shuffle their OF’s in the DH slot.

It will all sort out eventually as that’s a good problem to have. I think the IF is something that Cashman is not going to
Have the balls to rectify completely. I expect them to make 1 move and roll with Torres at 2nd and DJ at 1st.

Reactions: Machinehead

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
When does the fire sale actually start in Queens?

Is Pete going to be the first move to set the market for other met trades this season or is he the big one at the end near the deadline??

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stanton was productive hitting a bunch of homers. He's done now. He's gonna be useless for 10 weeks before his next bunch of homers. That's the spot to get Dominguez into.

You have to keep Verdugo in the lineup. He's a major league hitter.

Like the Rangers, the Yankees have too many guys that complete zeroes. They need to fix those rather than take out a guy who can play at this level.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
Cool Papa Bell was so fast he could turn the lights outs and be under the covers before it got dark. Among many legendary accounts, he once stole 175 bases in a 200-game season and was able to round the bases in 12 seconds flat. Even the "fastest man in the world" in the 1930s, Jesse Owens, refused to race Bell.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
1718158099865.gif

Ryan Ruocco

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The transformation is complete-Judge has literally morphed into a real life video game character

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad