OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
He doesn't play 3rd or 1st so that doesn't really alleviate that issue unless you're planning on moving one of the OF to 1B.

He'll work his way onto the roster in time though. They can afford to give him some extra time/reps in the minors because other guys are doing more than enough.
Yeah idek what they could do I don’t know anything about baseball haha. I know Dominguez wouldn’t address any of the infield positions directly but i think he has more upside as a DH than Stanton, and probably more upside than any bat in their lineup other than the 2 gods and Volpe. Maybe JD or Soto could play first but JD is 5’9 and Soto probably doesn’t want it. Originally i thought he could replace Verdugo mid season but Verdugo is among the best fielders in the league right now and is an above average hitter too.

I’m not usually a fan of going all-in but this is the year with Soto/Judge. I’m worried those two will mask the stench of the other hitters and they once again can’t find the runs in October. They’re getting nothing from any of the infield positions other than SS and it’s kind of concerning given that 1B/3B are old declining guys. I hope Cashman is aggressive with 1B/3B come the deadline if those guys are sucking and doesn’t just go full country club giving the vets a full season to get their shit together

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah idek what they could do I don’t know anything about baseball haha. I know Dominguez wouldn’t address any of the infield positions directly but i think he has more upside as a DH than Stanton, and probably more upside than any bat in their lineup other than the 2 gods and Volpe. Maybe JD or Soto could play first but JD is 5’9 and Soto probably doesn’t want it. Originally i thought he could replace Verdugo mid season but Verdugo is among the best fielders in the league right now and is an above average hitter too.

I’m not usually a fan of going all-in but this is the year with Soto/Judge. I’m worried those two will mask the stench of the other hitters and they once again can’t find the runs in October. They’re getting nothing from any of the infield positions other than SS and it’s kind of concerning given that 1B/3B are old declining guys. I hope Cashman is aggressive with 1B/3B come the deadline if those guys are sucking and doesn’t just go full country club giving the vets a full season to get their shit together

Judge should move to 1st at some point to keep his body healthy ala Harper but that probably isn't happening mid season. It's a spot I'd leave open after this year for that very reason though.

I think you can choose one or the other to alleviate but not both. It'll probably be 3rd (but as others have said, it's probably a good idea to give DJ enough reps to see what you have there before doing anything. He was a productive hitter as recently as the second half of last year) because I can't see them benching Rizzo with his track record unless he gets hurt or he really falls apart. Fair or not, it is what it is.

They'll work Dominguez in before the season is out though unless he gets hurt again so I don't think we need to worry about that. May even work his way into the top 4 of the batting order (and this will be a point of discussion everywhere if he's batting lower in the lineup and crushing it.)

I'd probably move on from Torres before the year is out too. Caleb Durbin is a hit/on base machine who doesn't strike out sitting in AAA right now. Those players usually translate pretty well and he could provide a nice boost to the bottom of the lineup.

I don't know what all in for this team really looks like either. Some corner IF help and a few bull pen arms seem pretty obvious but it's also clear that the team will go as far as the top 4-5 of the lineup will take them. Those guys are already here.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
I remember when the Yankees used to field competent players at every position.

C, 1st, and 3rd are basically like having the pitcher hitting right now.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I remember when the Yankees used to field competent players at every position.

C, 1st, and 3rd are basically like having the pitcher hitting right now.
It’s one game. Trevino was a minor god with the bat a few days ago.

Rizzo is pretty much cooked. I’d think about calling Ben Rice up at some point…but he’s not on the 40 man. DFA Clayton Andrews to make room.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Still too many black holes in the lineup. Despite his 15 homers, Stanton is still a .230 hitter. I believe Dominguez would be the third best hitter in the lineup.
Yeah there's way too many strikeouts and a whole lotta nothing after the first three (with Soto healthy).

Verdugo is fine. Beyond that, I have no faith in anybody to get runs in.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad