• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Im on lunch, I have time, I normally don't get myself into these sorta scrimmages on HF, I thank you for being my first.

At this point in time this thread really makes no sense. You're right, one side has to be louder than the other side. Sure discussions on a board are the whole point, but until we hear any updates from the leafs or Marner camp, this thread should die. It won't, but it is what it is. I'll continue my usual lurking self and go back in the shadows. Good day.
Everyone remembers their first ;) lmao

But seriously all bullshit aside, everyone here wants the same thing. For this team to be successful. And listen, if Marner can play as good as he thinks he can in the playoffs and make shit happen, I'll be cheering him on and the team. I want everyone on this team to excel and I want nothing other than them to win it all.

That being said, in simplest terms. Marner is not doing enough on and off the ice to justify asking for that insane contract he has, and he is obviously looking for a raise. He needs to show he is fully committed to doing whatever he can to help this team win, and thus far he has failed to demonstrate that.

If a player is demanding top dollar, it is only fair the organization and fans demand top effort and results. One side has delivered on their end of the bargain, the other has not, it is only fair to want some accountability.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Yet you're replying to every post

Sadly we have to post 5-6 times because people either intentionally ignore the actual point being made (He needs to work harder on and off the ice if he's going to demand insane $$$) or it just goes over their head, and then there's a couple guys who think he actually works hard, which is probably the worst.

He is a 90+ point guy all day.

Reactions: hullsy47

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What are the search terms you'd use? "pre puberty glam shots of Mitch Marner" .... Jesus even typing that makes me uncomfortably queasy.... 🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮 ....
Dude you're into some weird shit, why would you even type that sentence up and think it is a good idea to post on an internet forum. I'm done talking to you, that was beyond creepy man lol.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Dude you're into some weird shit, why would you even type that sentence up and think it is a good idea to post on an internet forum. I'm done talking to you, that was beyond creepy man lol.

Agreed the person who posted the picture was creepy....

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I cant be the only one who sees the irony in how certain Marner supporters continue to go back to one shot blocking video from 5 years ago to support their claim that he plays with any kind of grit or heart. Which of course unintentionally proves there aren't many recent instances to back up their claim.
Well everyone has their own style. Kessel didn't appear to be in great shape or play with any more toughness than Marner. Hey he probably should have won a conn scythe in one of his 2 Cup victories.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If marner walks .....guaranteed pay cut
So let's see the loyalty

Indeed , premier UFA's often take pay cuts in the todays NHL when the Cap is goign up and GM's are desperate to improve their teams... yep... UFA pay cuts to 90 point players ... happens ALL the time... Yup.. sure does... no doubt...pay cut... what are the terms of your guarantee?

Well everyone has their own style. Kessel didn't appear to be in great shape or play with any more toughness than Marner. Hey he probably should have won a conn scythe in one of his 2 Cup victories.

To think a guy who eats hot dogs won the cup... it's like reverse gravity....

Reactions: Confucius

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Another post with nothing hockey related and full of insults. Are you that bored with yourself?

It's no secret that 99.9% of kids are idiots. How is it full of insults?

I have just realized that i am an idiot. Trying to cut down on that. Se y'all 9th of October. Wish you all a great summer😊

I'm still working towards that enlightenment ... vodka gets me close ....

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Kessel was one of the best skaters in the league. He might not have been in top shape but he would leave Marner in his dust.

Ive already said many times, if Marner was fast, strength and size wouldnt matter as much. A hard shot would be very helpful too.

He's looked completely overwhelmed in the playoffs.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This coming from the guy that said
“Thankfully the lower end of the fanbase can't afford to attend”

ACC had fair statement.

Kessel was one of the best skaters in the league. He might not have been in top shape but he would leave Marner in his dust.

Ive already said many times, if Marner was fast, strength and size wouldnt matter as much. A hard shot would be very helpful too.

If you are fast where do you sit in the Rocket Richard trophy? Selke? What is the name of that Fastest skater award again?

Mitch is a 90+ point guy all day.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Kessel showed more heart in that one game 7 with a weak Leafs team against Boston than Marner did in the last 8 playoffs. And he's got 2 Cups to show for in his career.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

How could he be one of the best skaters, yet he appeared to look like he never worked out? Exactly my point, players are what they are, what works for one may not work for someone else. I can’t blame a guy for not wanting to screw with what got him to where he is.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
How could he be one of the best skaters, yet he appeared to look like he never worked out? Exactly my point, players are what they are, what works for one may not work for someone else. I can’t blame a guy for not wanting to screw with what got him to where he is.
This makes no sense.

If Kessel was slow, he likely wouldn't have had near the success he did.

Marner is weak and slow...
Kessel was out of shape and fast..

(..and he wasn't easy to knock off his skates. )

See the difference?

Recall that one of the main traits Babs looked for in players was their skating ability. Marner is small/weak and ranks in the bottom 50% in skating speed.

Babcock not concerned with Marleau's age: 'Have you seen him skate?
At 37 years old, the Leafs clearly feel that Marleau has a lot left in the tank. According to head coach Mike Babcock, that has a lot to do with they way the veteran can still move on the ice.

"Even if he doesn't score goals, he can skate," Babcock said, as reported by Nick Cotsonika of NHL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad