Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
My error, my stats didn’t include this past season. Anyway…

The angry pitch fork mob is so hungry for a win they had to go on for a page about an honest mistake... they are a sad bunch of people. Weak TBH.

The problem with the team is that we spend 44 million on offence and we get terrible goal scoring.

How is the money allocation the problem? If instead of Marner and Tavares, we had Drai and Mcdavid wouldn't we be fine even if we had to allocate 44 million to them?

Again, the problem isn't 44 mil on offence. The problem is 44 mil on offence that doesn't produce offence.

How so? They were 2nd on goals scored, 1 away from best over all in the league... AM scored 69 goals last year ... not sure your premise holds water.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I don't agree that it's pitch fork mentality ,people just can see if marner comes back with any raise or above his market value ,we'll be back to Saturday night shinny and first round exits
This group as a whole is broken
Your buddy dubas just has to look at his former Stanley Cup Penguins rosters

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Here is a recent Marner summer... obviously caring way too much about the playoffs defeats. And... by the looks of his body, has been using that extra long summer time to train and come back ready to no longer be "tired of the feeling" of losing and relieve himself of stresses of "caring too much".

Jealousy is no way to go through life son.

OMG you mean he is not Ivan Drago? Must train 24 hours a day... must crush opponent... let give you a little insight into a world you clearly dont understand, so for people in important high stress jobs, I realize you can't relate, you need down time to disconnect and recharge your batteries. This is what you call down time recharging your batteries.

I know how dare he actually have a life ... perhaps he should mope around and try change the past with every thought... perhaps he should "Rocky" the shit out of his work outs, record it and post it on Insta so the fan "experts" can finally say job well done?

Curious about your off season regime how many days have you actually spent in a gym?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't agree that it's pitch fork mentality ,people just can see if marner comes back with any raise or above his market value ,we'll be back to Saturday night shinny and first round exits
This group as a whole is broken
Your buddy dubas just has to look at his former Stanley Cup Penguins rosters
:laugh: You’re joking, right?

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Here is a recent Marner summer... obviously caring way too much about the playoffs defeats. And... by the looks of his body, has been using that extra long summer time to train and come back ready to no longer be "tired of the feeling" of losing and relieve himself of stresses of "caring too much".

Not gonna lie, but this post does come across as jealous and just being a hater. It’s weird that you guys have this obsession with trying to vilify someone simply on vacation with his friends and family. It’s abnormal.

Nathan MacKinnon was just on overdrive like 2 weeks ago talking about how he went on vacation with Crosby. They weren’t training let me tell you that.

Most players around the league are doing the same thing. They are all on vacations. What is Marner not allowed to have fun in the off-season?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not gonna lie, but this post does come across as jealous and just being a hater. It’s weird that you guys have this obsession with trying to vilify someone simply on vacation with his friends and family. It’s abnormal.

Nathan MacKinnon was just on overdrive like 2 weeks ago talking about how he went on vacation with Crosby. They weren’t training let me tell you that.

Most players around the league are doing the same thing. They are all on vacations. What is Marner not allowed to have fun in the off-season?
Just add it to the list with all the other idiotic things being dreamed up.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

On top of that he’s with Justin Holl and Jake Muzzin in that post. Justin Holl is an NHL player too no? ADDITIONALLY, that Reddit post is a year old Antropovsky HAHA. It’s not even current.

Last edited:

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
How is obvious? He talked about Cap space allocation 44 million, cap space/salary is for regular season. It's irrelevant in the playoffs.
No one can help you.

You can’t build a better team for the playoffs without exceeding the regular season cap. It’s not f***ing rocket science.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
No one can help you.

You can’t build a better team for the playoffs without exceeding the regular season cap. It’s not f***ing rocket science.

Without exceeding the cap? So you’re saying you can’t win the cup without cap circumvention? Or what are you trying to say, cause Florida just won without doing any cap Tom foolery.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The angry pitch fork mob is so hungry for a win they had to go on for a page about an honest mistake... they are a sad bunch of people. Weak TBH.

How so? They were 2nd on goals scored, 1 away from best over all in the league... AM scored 69 goals last year ... not sure your premise holds water.
Correcting an error/statement that is clearly not true, is now an "angry pitch fork mob hungry for a win"?

Last edited:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
How the actual f did you deduce that is what I’m saying?

Well that’s why I am asking you, cause your post isn’t clear. You’re saying you need to “exceed the salary cap”. What else is someone supposed to deduce?

“You can’t build a better playoff team without exceeding the regular season cap”

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This whole our core vs Edmonton's core is a really pathetic comparison that a couple of you have been trying to run with. They have a notable track record of producing in the postseason and going deep unlike ours.

Lol "hungry" for a W? The Marner clips going around of him blatantly avoiding contact you got people literally denying it right in front of their eyes. There is no getting W's against this group, they're just hopelessly delusional.

Reactions: Cypruss and ToneDog

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
On top of that he’s with Justin Holl and Jake Muzzin in that post. Justin Holl is an NHL player too no? ADDITIONALLY, that Reddit post is a year old Antropovsky HAHA. It’s not even current.

TBH I think I already watched that video 3 , 4 years ago.

Reactions: francis246

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
No one can help you.

Agreed no one can help me, there is no cure for brilliance.

You can't build a better team for the playoffs without exceeding the regular season cap? Two of the last three Cup winners say "Hi!" ... are you saying the Leafs can't do what TB and Vegas did? Indeed saying what you mean and not being ambiguous with the original post would have saved both you and myself a needless interaction.

Reactions: francis246

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This whole our core vs Edmonton's core is a really pathetic comparison that a couple of you have been trying to run with. They have a notable track record of producing in the postseason and going deep unlike ours.

Lol "hungry" for a W? The Marner clips going around of him blatantly avoiding contact you got people literally denying it right in front of their eyes. There is no getting W's against this group, they're just hopelessly delusional.

It's also considerably easier to go deeper in the West.

Marner has avoided contact since Junior, your point is? Is this a new revelation to you? You are saying if stops avoiding contact and he allows other teams to hit him more he is a better player? There is some real solid logic there little fella.

Correcting an error/statement that is clearly not true, is now an "angry pitch fork mob hungry for a win"?

No they were the angry pitch fork mob before they feasted on a little error of omission.

• Haha

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

It comes across a little obsessive, searching the internet for videos/ pictures of Mitch with his shirt off comes off a little ... you know ... a little ...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's also considerably easier to go deeper in the West.

Marner has avoided contact since Junior, your point is? Is this a new revelation to you? You are saying if stops avoiding contact and he allows other teams to hit him more he is a better player? There is some real solid logic there little fella.

No they were the angry pitch fork mob before they feasted on a little error of omission.
It’s not easier to win in the Western conference. It’s still hard to win in the playoffs and requires a sacrifice. You can’t be disinterested and expect to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad