Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
We probably would have been smart to let Nylander hit FA and let him shop around and come back to match the best offer (Mitch too).

Just seems like the media turns every good player with the Leafs into a circus and we end up bidding against ourselves since we will pay more to keep our food players than others likely would to steal them.

Really, what teams out there pay $12m aav+ for a one dimensional winger?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
We probably would have been smart to let Nylander hit FA and let him shop around and come back to match the best offer (Mitch too).

Just seems like the media turns every good player with the Leafs into a circus and we end up bidding against ourselves since we will pay more to keep our food players than others likely would to steal them.

Exactly, Marner ain’t getting 12 million. I believe Marner will do what Stamkos did. They will let him go to UFA and see what’s out there and he’ll come back and take a deal that’s 11.5 or less because he wants to be here. I don’t think there’s a market out there for Marner at 12.5.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
ROFL

Again just proving my point with this pathetic deflection. Also it's funny to think of Mitch as some kind of women magnet, but that's besides the point. Marner faithful would love to discuss anything but his pathetic playoff performance.

Oh yeah, the moronic argument, that Mitch playing 25 min of scared hockey bears the same amount of responsibility as 19 other players, good one. Not to mention, both Matthews and Nylander are far superior to Mitch when it comes to playoff scoring or generating chances in general. Don't get me started on his excuse of shot and CRYING on the bench :D. Mitch is great at picking up secondary assist when the game is over. The best at it :D

We have the best goal-scorer in the league. You with your pathetic propaganda trying to deflect from obvious locker room cancer and prototype of playoff failure are not fooling anyone.

Can't wait for the next set of wannabe insults as deflection!! Wish Mitch was half as relentless in playoffs as his army of trolls.

So it was your girlfriend? Sorry to hear...

Deflection, no deflection I think I've been fairly straight forward and direct with you. Speaking of deflection - So when the goalie sucks ass and the coach keeps going back to him, that is Mitch's fault how?

You are upset that he showed a "give a f***" emotion on the bench? Hey it was douchie to throw it in the direction of the training staff but what are ya gonna do... we all make mistakes.

Propaganda? BWHAHAHAHA ... OMFG... you are precious....

Picking up assist when the game is over? So you are saying that Mitch has an engine that never quits, is always trying to score no matter what? how does that help your fever hate dream?

Why bring "Scared hockey bears" into this, what did they do? You dont like Mitch cause he took your girl and now you are now hating on bears .... if you were a bear and were on skates playing hockey in front of 20k fans, I bet you would be scared too.

Exactly, Marner ain’t getting 12 million. I believe Marner will do what Stamkos did. They will let him go to UFA and see what’s out there and he’ll come back and take a deal that’s 11.5 or less because he wants to be here. I don’t think there’s a market out there for Marner at 12.5.

$12.56 mil to be exact...book it.

Last edited:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
You calling anyone a troll is laughable.

Additionally don’t you find it odd that Ryan O’Reilly was trying to persuade his GM to acquire a locker room cancer?

Don’t you guys get tired of making shit up? Marner may avoid contact and not be best suited for playoff hockey but he’s def not a locker room cancer.

Matthews, Rielly, Domi, all the depth guys have spoke at various times saying they love the guy. That’s that! At some point we gotta draw a line between just making shit up to get reactions and posting things that are factual.

giphy.gif

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He has flaws no doubt but he isn't one dimensional or maybe you were referring to Nylander?

Reactions: 666

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

This is pretty undeniable, don't think anyone would argue that. Noobdy was going to pay Willy on the open market what we paid him.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
If we are being really honest
And I know that’s hard for the haters
Matthews nylander and Tavares can’t even be used in the same sentence as Drai
They are all playoff failures
I don't understand why the collective failure of our top players is somehow the fault of one of them.

I think it's more so the failure of strategy which is why all the players suffer from the lack of scoring, no more perimeter play with Berube at the helm.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I don't think Tre will give Marner a $100 million contract. No team will.

If Marner was still 25 years old and proven to be a Cup winner like Patrick Kane, he might, but he's not.
$100,486,000.00 to be precise.... x 8 years

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
You calling anyone a troll is laughable.

Additionally don’t you find it odd that Ryan O’Reilly was trying to persuade his GM to acquire a locker room cancer?

Don’t you guys get tired of making shit up? Marner may avoid contact and not be best suited for playoff hockey but he’s def not a locker room cancer.

Matthews, Rielly, Domi, all the depth guys have spoke at various times saying they love the guy
. That’s that! At some point we gotta draw a line between just making shit up to get reactions and posting things that are factual.

Spinning again? ROR run away from country club atmosphere like many others. :DD:DD

Who do you think coaches and ex-players have in mind when they talk about Leafs as a joke? Plugs playing 5 min a game, or stud crying on the bench?

Oh triggered by locker room cancer? Call it as you want, we have the worst culture in the NHL to the point of being laughing stock. Mitch is leader in that locker room.

:D Yeah he is special, I'm not surprised players running away from Toronto have no more bone with him :)

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
$100,486,000.00 to be precise.... x 8 years
It would be 100.744 million to be precise.

He needs to get over 100 million and of course needs to include his Dad's idols number 93. You know the player his level of heart is most comparable to. Also, it's a nice sentimental touch, nothing like name dropping a beloved former hockey player into your outrageous contract. It'll resonate with fans on a deeper level.

So it will be 12.593 million per.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superstar

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Spinning again? ROR run away from country club atmosphere like many others. :DD:DD

Who do you think coaches and ex-players have in mind when they talk about Leafs as a joke? Plugs playing 5 min a game, or stud crying on the bench?

Oh triggered by locker room cancer? Call it as you want, we have the worst culture in the NHL to the point of being laughing stock. Mitch is leader in that locker room.

:D Yeah he is special, I'm not surprised players running away from Toronto have no more bone with him :)

Pretty telling that even the guys who really want Marner gone aren’t even liking or acknowledging your nonsense man. You’re out to lunch

Reactions: ACC1224

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If we are being really honest
And I know that’s hard for the haters
Matthews nylander and Tavares can’t even be used in the same sentence as Drai
They are all playoff failures

I agree with that, but we're talking about Marner wanting $13 million per NOW...i think out of the 4, Matthews has a chance of improving his playoff performance the most.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It would be 100.744 million to be precise.

He needs to get over 100 million and of course needs to include his Dad's idols number 93. You know the player his level of heart is most comparable to. Also, it's a nice sentimental touch, nothing like name dropping a beloved former hockey player into your outrageous contract. It'll resonate with fans on a deeper level.

So it will be 12.593 million per.

Maybe Marner will finally settle for $9.3 million per when he's 35 years old...:sarcasm:

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Lol @ACC1224, why did you race to create this thread then?
We all know that answer. lol. It’s pretty telling seeing the posters who are player fans before the team fans. I’m no Marner hater. But someone has to go and I’d move any player if it improved the team. Marner being moved makes sense because management chose to sign Nylander long term. But the Marner lovers don’t seem to understand logic. It’s been entertaining to say the least.

Reactions: ToneDog

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Lol @ACC1224, why did you race to create this thread then?
LMAO I'd completely forgotten about that.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

So to summarize ... @ACC1224 creates the thread, then he changes the title every couple of days, he posts every day about how dumb people are who post here, and now he wants someone to close the thread. He has no clue as to what the meaning of the word irony is as he's here every day, basically ridiculing himself. As the saying goes, you can't make this shit up.

It's a long summer boy, but at least we have this comedy gold to help make the days go by. Keep those posts coming @ACC1224, this place would be far less amusing without you.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yet over the last 8 years the core 4 have won more playoff games then McDrai.

Leafs 24 wins
Oilers 22 wins
Wow! This takes the concept of interpreting stats in illogical fashion to support your argument to a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad