Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yet over the last 8 years the core 4 have won more playoff games then McDrai.

Leafs 24 wins
Oilers 22 wins
One of us must have failed math. Oilers won 15 games this post season alone and won 4 more rounds the previous 7 years. That's another minimum of 16 wins. So they've won a minimum of 31 games. No need to look up the exact number of wins since 31 > 24.

1720641403659.png

Last edited:

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I don't understand why the collective failure of our top players is somehow the fault of one of them.

I think it's more so the failure of strategy which is why all the players suffer from the lack of scoring, no more perimeter play with Berube at the helm.

Keefe is indeed a terrible playoff coach but that shouldn't excuse the core.

Good players should perform. McDavid and Drai have had terrible coaches but their playoff numbers don't drop (unless injured). Berube can tell Marner to drive the net, but he's not doing it. Not even Keefe was telling Marner to do flybys and avoid contact in the last series. That has nothing to do with strategy.

I think even if the core maintains its performance, the cap structure is out of order for a proper cup contender. This should have been changed 3-4 years ago. The fact they keep underperforming makes it worse.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Johnston mentioned thst Marner "maybe cares too much". I'm tired of hearing "he cares too much"

You can't be bailing on physical play and also "care too much"... you don't demand a ridiculous contract if you care too much.

What did he do in the playoffs that one could say, oh wow, that's a player who cares too much?

He's out there pulling the chute on pucks he's 10' feet closer to than his opponents. He's avoiding the dirty areas, the corners and the front of the net. He's not skating into scrums where his teammates are out numbered 6-4.

I remember reading an article about Gary Robert's face looking like a rail road track up close from all the scars... I remember reading an article about teammates playing their ass off because they feared being confronted by Robert's. I remember reading about how Robert's was trying to fight Corson in the dressing room. This is a guy who cares "too much".

Marner cares too little.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Johnston mentioned thst Marner "maybe cares too much". I'm tired of hearing "he cares too much"

You can't be bailing on physical play and also "care too much"... you don't demand a ridiculous contract if you care too much.

What did he do in the playoffs that one could say, oh wow, that's a player who cares too much?

He's out there pulling the chute on pucks he's 10' feet closer to than his opponents. He's avoiding the dirty areas, the corners and the front of the net. He's not skating into scrums where his teammates are out numbered 6-4.

I remember reading an article about Gary Robert's face looking like a rail road track up close from all the scars... I remember reading an article about teammates playing their ass off because they feared being confronted by Robert's. I remember reading about how Robert's was trying to fight Corson in the dressing room. This is a guy who cares "too much".

Marner cares too little.
Ya what a whiny wimp,y excuse…….he cares to much.
It’s laughable.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
We can’t run it back.

Keeping Marner is running it back

:popcorn::thumbu:

I doubt Marner wants to leave and I think the leafs wanna keep their 3 stars for as long as possible. I think JT is let go and not resigned. But who knows I don’t really care either way TBH. If he stays, cool. He’s a good player, if he goes cool, it’ll be interesting to see what they do with his money. I’m always gonna be a fan of Marner, so I’ll watch him and enjoy his career just like I did with Kadri when he went to Colorado and Kessel when he went to Pittsburgh. Those two were my favourite players before. And I’ll never stop cheering for the leafs. Despite what people think, you can be fans of both a player and a team. There are no rules to fandom. Everyone can do/feel as they please lol It’s not that deep for me tbh.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well thankfully his lack of basic math skills couldn't even make it add up.
Haha yeah. I didn't even pay attention to the numbers, just what he was saying they meant. I assumed he had the numbers right, I guess I give people more credit than they deserve.

• Haha
Reactions: mikeyz and IPS

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The one trend of the summer is that I think folks have been overestimating the ease at which a team can overcome an nmc. If the guy doesn't want to go anywhere, he's not.

The idea the Leafs can just trade him mid season is also pretty suspect. If the guy doesn't want to leave while the team is heading to the playoffs, he's not waiving.

Its an extension or he walks.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
One of us must have failed math. Oilers won 15 games this post season alone and won 4 more rounds the previous 7 years. That's another minimum of 16 wins. So they've won a minimum of 31 games. No need to look up the exact number of wins since 31 > 24.

View attachment 893932

🤣🤣

That's not even touching our playoff win column includes round 0 of SC playoffs we proudly count 😂

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Marner cares too little.
He cares too much about what exactly? Golf, summer vacations, his tan, his image, his brand, his money?

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
The problem with the team is that we spend 44 million on offence and we get terrible goal scoring.

How is the money allocation the problem? If instead of Marner and Tavares, we had Drai and Mcdavid wouldn't we be fine even if we had to allocate 44 million to them?

Again, the problem isn't 44 mil on offence. The problem is 44 mil on offence that doesn't produce offence.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He cares too much about what exactly? Golf, summer vacations, his tan, his image, his brand, his money?
Here is a recent Marner summer... obviously caring way too much about the playoffs defeats. And... by the looks of his body, has been using that extra long summer time to train and come back ready to no longer be "tired of the feeling" of losing and relieve himself of stresses of "caring too much".

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Here is a recent Marner summer... obviously caring way too much about the playoffs defeats. And... by the looks of his body, has been using that extra long summer time to train and come back ready to no longer be "tired of the feeling" of losing and relieve himself of stresses of "caring too much".

He's a god what did you expect?

Man social media is so dumb.

Reactions: Apex Predator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad