Player Discussion Mitch Marner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Absolute trash in the playoffs.

Why is Marner the subject of all frustration when it comes to this team? That’s the only part I don’t get. If we lose people flood this thread to blame him alone. JT was invisible all night and couldn’t bury on a PP where they fed him the puck. Matthews, a 69 goal scorer can’t score in playoffs whats new? Marner same old perimeter fly by shit. It’s not just Marner, it’s all of them. Collectively this group together just doesn’t work. They should have broke it up after MTL.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Why is Marner the subject of all frustration when it comes to this team? That’s the only part I don’t get. If we lose people flood this thread to blame him alone. JT was invisible all night and couldn’t bury on a PP where they fed him the puck. Matthews, a 69 goal scorer can’t score in playoffs whats new? Marner same old perimeter fly by shit. It’s not just Marner, it’s all of them. Collectively this group together just doesn’t work. They should have broke it up after MTL.

Agreed.

Keefe, Marner, JT and Rielly all HORRIBLE...
ALL played scared. SCARED

Needs to be traded

Anything with a Dubas stench on it stinks and reeks like SOY

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

No doubt, I’ve been roasting them all game too.

The entire core is rotten.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The 'Leafs Talk' guys nailed it. Never north south, always diverting back.
Nothing to fear from this guy come playoff time.
Prove us all wrong Mitchy boy.

Reactions: HOTD

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
lol... I really don't care at this point if he's physical/if he grinds. I just want to see some points on the board. Same with Nylander... although he at least has scored some big goals in the playoffs recently.

Not saying that physicality isn't important, just that they have a ton of guys now for that. They need their best forwards to do what they're paid to do. If they do that, the rest may fall into place... although with the goaltending they have, maybe there's no real hope anyway.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
bUt LoOk At HiS pOiNt ToTaLs

If he gets TOR on the board with a goal or assist on that PP early in the second period, it's a whole new game.

Then maybe he could have gotten another point somewhere. I know people make fun of points, but hits, expected goals and corsi alone don't win you games. If their best forwards had the capability to deliver points at crucial moments, chances are they would have fared better in the playoffs over the years.

Reactions: Gallagbi

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
First of all it was until a few months ago and you can trade anyone if you need to. But that's not the point. You don't get rid of Marner or Matthews because you made mistakes with Nylander and Tavares.
Correct - you get rid of Marner or Tavares because you made mistakes with Marner and Tavares.

Reactions: HOTD

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I don't think he deserves this much vitriol. He's been playing with JT, who can suck the life out of someone faster than Count Rugen's machine.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The 'Leafs Talk' guys nailed it. Never north south, always diverting back.
Nothing to fear from this guy come playoff time.
Prove us all wrong Mitchy boy.

In the third period Mitch was killing a penalty and leading a potential 2 on 1 into the Boston end, but decided to stop up 1 foot into the Bruin blueline to survey options with Bruins on the back check, resulting in a broken play and a scramble back the other way. a) why wasn't that just a get it to the net situation and see what happens and b) how can you risk that stop up move with Bruins back checking to allow a possible 4 on 2 back the other way while killing a penalty? Talk about doing neither thing right but looking fancy in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad