Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Basically a max-contract. You can expect Claude Giroux's next AAV to start with a 9 as well.

I honestly don't think Giroux gets over 9 million per year. Malkin, as much as we hate him, is the better player and more distinguished as well. I expect 7.5-8.5. A little under where Perry and Getz signed for.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I honestly don't think Giroux gets over 9 million per year. Malkin, as much as we hate him, is the better player and more distinguished as well. I expect 7.5-8.5. A little under where Perry and Getz signed for.

A lot depends on what happens this year too (unless a deal gets done during the year). If he wins the Hart trophy he'll get at least what Perry got. If he flubs it he'll get less. But again, if they come to an agreement sooner I think it will probablybe in the $8 million range (like 7.7-8.3)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Getzlaf is better comparison for Giroux, and he got 8 years, $66 million. AAV = $8.25 million.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Malkin signed until he's 35, Crosby until he's 37 at a combined ~ $18M/year. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the final few years of those contracts.

Briere is a pretty good indicator of how a longer term can really bite a team in the ass; at least buying out Briere without affecting the team's salary cap is an option.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The difference between "your" and "you're" was in an article on the Flyers website, wasn't it, not Twitter? If it was Twitter, yeah then who cares. But if it was an article on the website someone else read it before it got posted. This was ages ago so maybe it was a little different, but I worked for the Rangers website in college and the writers didn't post their own stories. Granted it was usually an intern like myself who would act as the "editor" before it went up, but there was still at least two sets of eyes on the article before anything went live.

I'm trying to say that the Grand Old Newsroom is quickly becoming a thing of the past, and even lesser "publishing" organizations are seeing a dedicated editor/proofreader as a luxury and easy budget cut. I mentioned Twitter merely as one of the new wave of instant sharing that is reshaping news.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bad day for the NHL, Dallas prospect Scott Winkler was found dead in his home and Edmonton prospect Kristians Pelss has been missing for days and a rumor going around is that he jumped off a bridge and killed himself but its not confirmed yet.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not sure if everybody saw these yet but some of the award winners have been announced.

Norris - PK Subban
Calder - Jonathan Huberdeau
Adams - Paul MacLean
Selke - Jonathan Toews
Lady Byng - Martin St. Louis
Masterson - Josh Harding
GM - Ray Shero :laugh:

They'll announce the Hart & Vezina before game two of the SCF.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
So this is apparently the reason that Cindy went after Chara in game 1 of their series.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fast forward to 3:30 for the good stuff...

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1/0/947454/clip/0

:laugh: Should've been a penalty, but that's hockey. Sid should know that by now.

He's lucky Chara didn't shove the ref out of the way and drop the gloves with him in that scrum at the end of the period. He would've gone to the locker room on a stretcher.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
if Cindy didnt like the leather to the mush perhaps he should take his skirt and return to broomball..

/hifive to Chara for that shot.. more of that plz...

hoping to hear Bobo wins the Vezina..(even thou it will be painful).

Clown Baby*

I'm not sure if everybody saw these yet but some of the award winners have been announced.

Norris - PK Subban
Calder - Jonathan Huberdeau
Adams - Paul MacLean
Selke - Jonathan Toews
Lady Byng - Martin St. Louis
Masterson - Josh Harding
GM - Ray Shero :laugh:

They'll announce the Hart & Vezina before game two of the SCF.
Subban for Norris is some funny ****.

Clown Baby*

He had a good year and definitely worthy of it. I can see arguments for Suter but in my opinion they were neck and neck, it could have gone either way.
The Norris shows its worth every year when the winner is torched in the post-season, because "experts" voted on the highest scoring defensemen and not the best ALL-AROUND defensemen.

Clown Baby*

they need two different awards for defenseman
Or voters can just pull their heads out of their own *****, and vote for the best all-around defenseman like the award's intended. (You could say a similar thing about the Hart, and Selke, though.)

The biggest problem I see is the voters on these awards are mathematical morons. Statistics are the best tools we have, and some of these guys... they're lucky if they can dress themselves in the morning. Basic inequalities escape them.

Look back to the Jagr/Thornton debacle a couple years ago, if you want to see how limited these judges are.

This is what hockey needs: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1446793

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Or voters can just pull their heads out of their own *****, and vote for the best all-around defenseman like the award's intended. (You could say a similar thing about the Hart, and Selke, though.)

The biggest problem I see is the voters on these awards are mathematical morons. Statistics are the best tools we have, and some of these guys... they're lucky if they can dress themselves in the morning. Basic inequalities escape them.

Look back to the Jagr/Thornton debacle a couple years ago, if you want to see how limited these judges are.

This is what hockey needs: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1446793

This reminds me. I was reading the paper the other day and it had Frank Servalli's picks for the trophies in it

For the hart, he had something like : "Even though the letter of the award says Most Valuable Player, I voted for Crosby because he's the best player in the leage"

:shakehead

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Ovechkin with a 3rd Hart. Pens fans' tears flooding the main board

I guess they don't understand that the Hart goes to the player "judged most valuable to his team." The Pens still win without Crosby. The Caps wouldn't have made the playoffs without Ovi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad