Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCV: Second Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be the 2023 Cup Champ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
i hope the Kraken advance not so much cuz of Hak but because its such a slap in the to Flyers who have been trying for 50 years to figure out lord Stanley and heres a couple of startup teams that come in with modern ideas and go strait there.

hahaaa...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
i hope the Kraken advance not so much cuz of Hak but because its such a slap in the to Flyers who have been trying for 50 years to figure out lord Stanley and heres a couple of startup teams that come in with modern ideas and go strait there.

hahaaa...
What's modern about Seattle?
And Vegas lead the league in block shots under a martinet coach in Cassidy. Who makes Torts look like a p***ycat.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think you’d have to take Campbell at full salary. When you consider we dump Hayes, lose JVR, move Provorov, not pay Hart’s next deal, and the cap starts going up, not a good reason to not take the full deal as long as they make it worth our while.

I definitely don't want to give Hart a big extension in two years. He's no Vasilevskiy, and teams like Vegas are winning playoff rounds with randos in goal.

Reactions: BiggE and Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I definitely don't want to give Hart a big extension in two years. He's no Vasilevskiy, and teams like Vegas are winning playoff rounds with randos in goal.

Additionally, having a good goalie is pointless and even harmful when they need to suck the next few years. I love Hart and wish we had him during some good years for the organization, but right now I would rather have throw Ersson and Sandstrom to the wolves while Hart is playing for a playoff team out West.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think they think Ersson is legitimate. No reason to think he isn't based on what we've seen. But he is older than Hart. It's not like you're giving someone younger an opportunity, just someone who will be cheaper.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Additionally, having a good goalie is pointless and even harmful when they need to suck the next few years. I love Hart and wish we had him during some good years for the organization, but right now I would rather have throw Ersson and Sandstrom to the wolves while Hart is playing for a playoff team out West.

Helly here in Wpg is too good to tank, but the team isn't good enough to win it all.

I love Hart, but he just serves no purpose to the Flyers right now.

Heck Ersson may not even be around when we expect to be good.

Reactions: BiggE

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Do people really love Hart? Apart from his off ice issues, he hasn't even had a season as good as the ones Steve Mason had here.

I realize Mase was older, but the results are quite different:

Mason: 224 GP, .917

Hart: 201 GP, .906

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Do people really love Hart? Apart from his off ice issues, he hasn't even had a season as good as the ones Steve Mason had here.

League average Save % has gone down each of the past 5 seasons and Hart has played behind some atrocious defense. I also dont think hes done improving. But still, his name probably holds more value than his performance and if tjey can get a haul they absolutely should. Not sure Briere has the balls though.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I’m down with Ersson/Sandstrom next year. This team is at least 5 years away from doing squat, so who cares. Better yet, let Ersson have another year in the AHL and pair Sandstrom with some journeyman vet.
bring back moose n Neuvy... hahaa.

100% he goes on to be Bob v2.0 when he leaves here..

and good for him, he deserves it.

Reactions: BiggE

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
.906 is decent considering the mess of teams , coaches and D cores he's played behind.
I mean, these were the top 10 dmen by ice time in the four full seasons when Mason was the starter.

Streit
Del Zotto
MacDonald
Schultz
Schenn
Gudas
Ghost
Grossmann
Coburn
Manning

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I mean, these were the top 10 dmen by ice time in the four full seasons when Mason was the starter.

Streit
Del Zotto
MacDonald
Schultz
Schenn
Gudas
Ghost
Grossmann
Coburn
Manning
I’d take all of the above over Risto and Deangelo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m moving Hart and needing to take a goalie back, I’m looking at Toronto and Matt Murray if they can’t get Samsonov signed.

Reactions: Danko

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If I’m moving Hart and needing to take a goalie back, I’m looking at Toronto and Matt Murray if they can’t get Samsonov signed.
Certainly the Toronto media that I have seen are talking Woll and Samsonov as the expected pairing. But we shall see

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Certainly the Toronto media that I have seen are talking Woll and Samsonov as the expected pairing. But we shall see
Woll will be in the NHL, for sure. But they still have to get Samsonov signed, which both includes a raise and a commitment.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Woll will be in the NHL, for sure. But they still have to get Samsonov signed, which both includes a raise and a commitment.
Love the media trying to disect the Leafs future.

TSN's Johnson saying the end of year interviews were more chaotic than any other year. No structure. Shanahan wasn't there. What will Matthews ask for his next contract. Will his ask determine if he really wants to be there or not? Dubas saying if back, changes will be made. No longer tied to the big 4. Media thinks they need another top D.

Going to be a crazy offseason in Leaf land.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Love the media trying to disect the Leafs future.

TSN's Johnson saying the end of year interviews were more chaotic than any other year. No structure. Shanahan wasn't there. What will Matthews ask for his next contract. Will his ask determine if he really wants to be there or not? Dubas saying if back, changes will be made. No longer tied to the big 4. Media thinks they need another top D.

Going to be a crazy offseason in Leaf land.
All these guys at the top have their contracts coming up right now. Ownership’s refusal to maintain clarity brought them this. They did the same thing with Masai Ujiri and nearly lost him.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I can't see Matthews accepting a discount to stay in Toronto. Dubas has ruined their cap situation when he signed Tavares. Now every top player on the Leafs wants to get paid.
When you look at other top players around the league. Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon,... they all worked with their GMs.
Dubas did this to himself though. Paying a guy from outside the organization $11m, no wonder their homegrown talent doesn't feel the need to take discounts.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004

I mentioned this to my brother the other day. If Hart is gone, you need someone who can play in tandem with Errson who is used to getting his dick kicked in and can take the brunt of the losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad