Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIV: From Ghost to Hakstol and all things in between

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When all is said and done, who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Somebody post the Dave Chappelle gif. You know the one
giphy (1).gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So, the Rangers flipping out over Wilson and making themselves tougher results in them losing to a team that hockeys better?

It's a shame the Flyers think the way of failure.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I have mixed opinions on the Trouba hit. It reminds me of the Kronwall hits where they are clearly predatory and trying to injure a player. On the other hand Meier can’t put himself in a position to get rocked like that. Trouba appeared to get his head but Meier had his head down slouched forward. I don’t think the league can just give players the green light to skate with their head forward and face down because it will be a penalty if they’re hit. It was one of those clean dirty hits

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gallant is a great coach and they'd be crazy to move on?

Nah. When your team gets dissected that severely you've gotta ask hard questions why, and if he can't come up with the reason and plot a solution you heavily consider moving on.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have mixed opinions on the Trouba hit. It reminds me of the Kronwall hits where they are clearly predatory and trying to injure a player. On the other hand Meier can’t put himself in a position to get rocked like that. Trouba appeared to get his head but Meier had his head down slouched forward. I don’t think the league can just give players the green light to skate with their head forward and face down because it will be a penalty if they’re hit. It was one of those clean dirty hits

I don't think it's as bad as Kronwalling, myself. Allowing those hits with the insane justification that he isn't at fault because he isn't consciously aiming since he's going backwards reeked of pro-O6 bias. The Trouba hit can be argued clean (I haven't decided how I feel because apparently I still harbor massive anti-NJ bias so I'll just not bother), but there isn't any universe where Kronwalling should have been reasonably unpunished.

If Kronwall were a Flyer, I am positive he gets lit up for it. The people running the league will still proudly profess an ongoing hatred of the Flyers because they were a mean team for a couple years 50 years ago and they were raised to hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad