Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIV: From Ghost to Hakstol and all things in between

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When all is said and done, who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don’t know why people think all head contact is illegal. It’s definitely not.

In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:

(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Beauty.

holla-mary-j-blige.gif

Good night, Rangers. I hope you sign Kane for 7 more years.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just catching up on the third period. That Trouba hit was certainly something. Feel awful for Meier.

Not crying for the Devils, though, who had a guy that made a career out of that type of
I was 13, and saw my hero KO'ed like that, pretty much scarred me for life

Was on a fishing trip in a cabin with a satellite dish. So defeating.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just catching up on the third period. That Trouba hit was certainly something. Feel awful for Meier.

Not crying for the Devils, though, who had a guy that made a career out of that type of hit...
The one angle I saw reminded me a lot of a hit Gudas got away with as Flyer because they said he hit thru the body and didn’t elevate. Might have been against Buffalo.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t know why people think all head contact is illegal. It’s definitely not.

"48.1 Illegal Check To The Head A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was unavoidable, can be considered."

Its gonna be debateable but to me clearly targetted head, it was main point of contact, and it was avoidable. The NHL wont see it that way though. Not that it matters. Troubas season is over early again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rangers have no players who play inside. Kreider has been nowhere and is -3

Reactions: renberg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Enjoying the Rangers impending exit here.

That said, glad no penalty on the Trouba hit on Meier.

Meier was crouched down, head down, staring at the puck.

He put himself in that terrible position. Bodychecking is legal. You don’t get to create an untouchable forcefield around yourself by squatting and placing your head in the line of contact.

Reactions: renberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad