Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Ok so with JEE injured Wilds center depth consists of Hartman, Gaudreau, Steel and someone named Dewar. How is this team even in the playoffs?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trevor Moore scores on the power play in overtime and the Kings lead the series.

Oilers seem unconvinced this is over though

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The puck changed its rotation and movement toward the glass. But I guess since it was iNcOnCluSiVe it counts.
I’m not seeing either of these things. The puck looks like it moves toward the glass because it hits Ekholm in back.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All that aside, sure seems in this first round that if your power play isn’t great, you are absolutely f***ed.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don’t know how you overturn the call on the ice there — either way. I think they made the right decision, even if I also think there’s a decent chance it grazed the stick. It’s the very definition of inconclusive.

It was a sick play by Vilardi. The fact he may have tipped it too makes it that much more skilled. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know how you overturn the call on the ice there — either way. I think they made the right decision, even if I also think there’s a decent chance it grazed the stick. It’s the very definition of inconclusive.

It was a sick play by Vilardi. The fact he may have tipped it too makes it that much more skilled. :laugh:
Right, I think it may have, I don’t know that it did. The puck hit Vilardi’s boot to go up, you can’t predict where it’s going to land or it took and use that in reasoning unless you know what bounce it took off his foot, and nobody knows that.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Def looked like a high stick but what’s the ruling on who plays the puck next? It looked like it hit Ekholm’s back but does that nullify a high stick? Or does he have to play it with his stick? Even the official TNT had on didn’t know the rule if you want to know how big of a shit show the officiating is.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Def looked like a high stick but what’s the ruling on who plays the puck next? It looked like it hit Ekholm’s back but does that nullify a high stick? Or does he have to play it with his stick? Even the official TNT had on didn’t know the rule if you want to know how big of a shit show the officiating is.
The rule book denotes possession. If the offending team gains possession, play is dead. If the non-offending team gains possession, play continues. Touching the puck with your back doesn't constitute possession. The play should have been blown dead since ensuing possession was gained by the offending team.

The rules experts never know anything, that shit is so gimmicky lol

Reactions: Cody Webster

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He hit it with a high stick in the offensive zone then played the puck?

I watched that replay 5 times and can't see it conclusively hitting the stick.

Considering it also had no effect on the play whatsoever even if it did knick the stick, I am totally fine with that goal counting..and I want the Oilers to win the series.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Interesting stat

The Oilers have led for 107 minutes so far in the series.

Kings have led for 8.

Timing Is everything.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
From the overhead angle, you can see the puck change direction. It hit Vilardi's stick. I say that as someone rooting for the underdog Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad