Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Best team in NHL history vs two goalies that weren’t good enough for the Flyers

be a f***ing Flyer..

while i dont really care about Lyon playing or not i do find it hilarous how stuff always comes up bad for the Flyers.

pick a player he will bust! skip a player he goes onto be a star..

it just keeps happening over n over....

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
be a f***ing Flyer..

while i dont really care about Lyon playing or not i do find it hilarous how stuff always comes up bad for the Flyers.

pick a player he will bust! skip a player he goes onto be a star..

it just keeps happening over n over....
they just need to make better picks, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Flyerfan4life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Stolarz and Lyon were hobbled by injuries, then the clock ran out.

Which is why I'm not in a rush to dump Sandstrom, whose development was (drum roll) hobbled by injuries.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'd revisit this eulogy if the Penguins move Crosby and/or the Capitals move Ovechkin. For all their metastases, the Flyers have a better prospect group than either of those franchises.

I think the caps have (at least publicly) admitted that they're going to do everything in their power to get Ovi the scoring record as a Capital.

So if they stick to that, once he retires, that place is going to be an absolutely barren kandscape that may not actually ever recover. Thats going to be three years or so of trading picks go get support players for him.

Reactions: BernieParent

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Like usual, the NHL is unhinged. This dude is still getting jobs in 2023? Unreal.

A decade ago, I recall him looking like he was about to have a stroke on stage at the draft. A brutal GM in his time. Just keep failing upwards, buddy.

Oh, and I clearly recall the Bruins offering him 13th, 14th, and 15th overall in 2015 for 3rd overall. He stood pat to draft Strome. Good one, idiot.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Like usual, the NHL is unhinged. This dude is still getting jobs in 2023? Unreal.

A decade ago, I recall him looking like he was about to have a stroke on stage at the draft. A brutal GM in his time. Just keep failing upwards, buddy.

Oh, and I clearly recall the Bruins offering him 13th, 14th, and 15th overall in 2015 for 3rd overall. He stood pat to draft Strome. Good one, idiot.

Would be shocked if the morons in charge here in Philly don't consider bringing in Treliving. They salivate at the opportunity to hire any failure with experience.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ray Shero as Calgary GM with Chuck Fletcher as his Assistant GM.

Watch.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'd revisit this eulogy if the Penguins move Crosby and/or the Capitals move Ovechkin. For all their metastases, the Flyers have a better prospect group than either of those franchises.
Yeah, they've won their Cups, but it's obvious they haven't even started to think about life after Ovi/Crosby.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The Caps/Pens will start their rebuild years after the Flyers and still complete it ahead of them and contend with a new group before them.
It depends. Are they going to win the lottery again? Somewhere in Canada there's probably 13 year old next generational player already waiting to be drafted by the Penguins because apparently the only way for that franchise to be meaningful is drafting generational players.

Reactions: BernieParent

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I think the caps have (at least publicly) admitted that they're going to do everything in their power to get Ovi the scoring record as a Capital.

So if they stick to that, once he retires, that place is going to be an absolutely barren kandscape that may not actually ever recover. Thats going to be three years or so of trading picks go get support players for him.
I mean the fan base would love for him to have the record and so would the nhl at this point, hell we have been pissing away draft picks and have nothing to show for it, so I'd be ok with this if I were a cap fan lol

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Ray Shero as Calgary GM with Chuck Fletcher as his Assistant GM.

Watch.
The only way chuckles has a shot in hell getting another job is if one of his dads buddies give him a job like this, he's been that bad in both gm stints, honestly I wouldn't even give him a managing job at Arby's let alone another nhl franchise

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

My exact reaction when FSG bought the Pens:

hhHWdeo.jpg

The Penguins will be a Cup contender post-Crosby sooner than the Flyers. I truly believe it. Nothing is sacred in that organization, and they will leave no stone unturned in finding a competitive edge. The difference in off-season managerial hires and decade+ plans will be as stark as the difference between the singing of Yoko Ono and Pavarotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad