Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I assume Ghost got blamed? That was standard practice here too.
The more irrational folks were actually bitching about Kochetkov, which, like, I would have obviously rather he stopped it, but at the same time I have a hard time giving the goalie shit after DeHaan gifted a guy like Jack Hughes the puck like that.

Reactions: Striiker

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Lemme opine about how broken franchise mode is. In one offseason:
-Drafted all these guys, among others. Galiev is 79 medium elite center right out of the gate (got the pick for Hayes and Deslauriers, lmao). Minard is 74 overall med top 6 and a year or two away from being NHL ready
20230313_191117.jpg

-Traded TDA for Stankoven (!) and two picks :laugh:
-Traded the 49 overall medium elite prospect I took in the 7th round for Korchinski (this is definitely the cheesiest move I've made- imagine a team trading a highly touted top 10 pick for a 7th rounder, lmao)
-Successfully offersheeted Zac Jones and Alex Newhook (who were both coming off good years) for cheap because the Rags and Avs were so cap strapped they couldn't afford their respective players. Paid a 3rd for Jones and a 2nd for 50 point Newhook and have multiple other 3rds and 2nds already in the repository.

I haven't traded Fisto yet but he, like most of the team, has positive value. I've already cheesed enough (I also traded Ellis and Atkinson for value because why not) so I figure I'll spare the computer any more for now.

As long as the system is broken, I'm taking advantage of it, lol. EA really needs competition. Too bad hockey games aren't as profitable as other sports.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The more irrational folks were actually bitching about Kochetkov, which, like, I would have obviously rather he stopped it, but at the same time I have a hard time giving the goalie shit after DeHaan gifted a guy like Jack Hughes the puck like that.

That shot from that spot goes in something like 20% of the time. On average. I bet that percentage goes way up when it's a star player. I'm sure DeHaan learned something though. That's what really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad