Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That's a question only @Appleyard can answer

Pacing for 156 right now.

But as we are having another high scoring season that would be around ~150 adjusted points.

2020-21 was probably more impressive, marginally, but ofc 56 games does not make it look the same.

Now, it is amazing and likely a top ~10 all-time full season.

But Gretzky probably has ~5-6 seasons better than it to be honest. Lemieux ~2.

Then have Morenz's crazy 1927-28 which, vs peers, is probably best ever. ~34% better than 2nd best. While McDavid currently is at 29% better.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
They're only 4 points out with 18 games left

Pittsburgh isn't a slouch. Realistically they have a better chance of catching the Islanders but they've got be winning a lot.

That's a lot of maybes.

I think there's a bit of truth to "if you can get in the playoffs, anything can happen". Sometimes it can take a bit of time for a good team to gel and faulting out the gate at the beginning of the season can make it hard to catch back up.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pittsburgh isn't a slouch. Realistically they have a better chance of catching the Islanders but they've got be winning a lot.

That's a lot of maybes.

I think there's a bit of truth to "if you can get in the playoffs, anything can happen". Sometimes it can take a bit of time for a good team to gel and faulting out the gate at the beginning of the season can make it hard to catch back up.

I say they make it and the Pens miss. I'm going to will this into existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad