Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Has a coach ever been about to be canned and the fans are chanting his name and cheering him on, as he exits? In a loss yet! Truly Boudreau’s last days have been one of the more unusual sights to behold. Read the room, Canucks front office.

What's going on over there? Is it like an Andy Reed situation where it's "that time" but the fans haven't actually turned on the guy?

I imagine it'd be like if Reed was fired by Chuck?

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Has a coach ever been about to be canned and the fans are chanting his name and cheering him on, as he exits? In a loss yet! Truly Boudreau’s last days have been one of the more unusual sights to behold. Read the room, Canucks front office.

That is bizarre. I haven't really been following what's going on in Vancouver, I would love a rundown by somebody if anybody ha the time/knows a good article.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
What's going on over there? Is it like an Andy Reed situation where it's "that time" but the fans haven't actually turned on the guy?

I imagine it'd be like if Reed was fired by Chuck?
Basically Nucks management publicly shat on and scapegoated him for a few months and then about a week ago it was leaked that Tocchet was going to be the next coach of the Nucks, while Bruce was still employed. So while a lot of Vancouver fans think it was Bruce's time to go, they really hate how it was publicly drawn out and handled.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Basically Nucks management publicly shat on and scapegoated him for a few months and then about a week ago it was leaked that Tocchet was going to be the next coach of the Nucks, while Bruce was still employed. So while a lot of Vancouver fans think it was Bruce's time to go, they really hate how it was publicly drawn out and handled.
Appreciate the context, makes perfect sense

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Alex Lyon. :laugh:

5485056fad014c9dbe8e77210e988777.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad