Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I wonder what is Hagg hiding between the top of his head and the helmet

FB_IMG_1673900403190.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
When Bruce coached the Bears, he and Bob Woods (assistant coach) always watched warmups from the stands, and they always sat just two or three rows directly behind my family's seats. We sat (and still sit) where the visiting team warmed up so I'm not sure if they were doing some quick last minute scouting or what, I've never seen another coach do it since. It was always cool to see him there though I never approached him or anything (though I was just an 8-9 year old kid so I'm sure he probably would've humored me for a minute).

He more or less laid down roots in Hershey before taking the Vancouver job and owns a pretty new lower level junior team here (one of his sons is a coach for them) so I would not be shocked if he just heads back "home" and focuses his energy on that at this point. Though I would still love to see him win a Cup.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
When another GM talks about a re-tool, I'm licking my dang chops to trade with them. That Canucks pick could absolutely be top 10. Forget Boeser or those ridiculous ideas, it's that pick I want. Or even their 2024 pick, without protections. We can talk Provorov, taking someone like Myers back to get even more value, buy low on Garland, whatever. Forget it with Fletcher or Briere, but someone like Eric Tulsky would send Jimmy Rutherford to the retirement home.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
When another GM talks about a re-tool, I'm licking my dang chops to trade with them. That Canucks pick could absolutely be top 10. Forget Boeser or those ridiculous ideas, it's that pick I want. Or even their 2024 pick, without protections. We can talk Provorov, taking someone like Myers back to get even more value, buy low on Garland, whatever. Forget it with Fletcher or Briere, but someone like Eric Tulsky would send Jimmy Rutherford to the retirement home.
I'd give them whatever they want for that pick.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
When Bruce coached the Bears, he and Bob Woods (assistant coach) always watched warmups from the stands, and they always sat just two or three rows directly behind my family's seats. We sat (and still sit) where the visiting team warmed up so I'm not sure if they were doing some quick last minute scouting or what, I've never seen another coach do it since. It was always cool to see him there though I never approached him or anything (though I was just an 8-9 year old kid so I'm sure he probably would've humored me for a minute).

He more or less laid down roots in Hershey before taking the Vancouver job and owns a pretty new lower level junior team here (one of his sons is a coach for them) so I would not be shocked if he just heads back "home" and focuses his energy on that at this point. Though I would still love to see him win a Cup.
Yeah, he lives in the townhomes on the Hershey CC. At his age, perhaps working as a consultant or something would be best.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He's an 18 year old rookie, but Slafkovsky just did not overly impress me as a 1st overall or even as a top 5 guy. Did not like his pace of play in what I saw. But international tournaments make GMs go wild. Short of Cooley, that draft was always screaming out for trade downs. Then you had the Devils weirdly took Nemec at 2nd overall *throws hands up*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad