Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I agree with everything about the skills portion, but I am probably in the minority about liking the idea of going to 3-on-3. At 5-on-5, there was just a lot of gliding around since nobody was going to actually play defense or throw a check.

I truly cannot comprehend preferring to watch 5v5 at an All-Star game. 3v3 is naturally a Keystone Cops mess defensively, and it lets guys dance and dangle in space. They actually do give effort, as compared to the 5v5 glide fest where they’re afraid to do anything. Now THAT is boring.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I agree with everything about the skills portion, but I am probably in the minority about liking the idea of going to 3-on-3. At 5-on-5, there was just a lot of gliding around since nobody was going to actually play defense or throw a check.
I don’t watch the ASG either way these days (I used to watch the skills competition), but the 3 on 3 to me is another example of the event’s gimmicky excess.

The exhibition is going to suck no matter what, but at least play it by the rules & structure of a regulation NHL game.

It’s like turning the NBA all-star game into half-court 3-on 3. Or the baseball all-star game into slow-pitch softball. Or the Pro Bowl into 7-on-7 flag football.

Why bother if it isn’t even the same game? (I’d be all for ditching it completely.)

Reactions: BernieParent

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

New York might have the worst contract outlook in the league at this point.

giphy-3.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Foerster and Attard made the AHL Allstar game. That’s all well and good but I’d rather see them up in Philly playing instead of some of the drek that is currently being used. So what if they screw up; correct it. It’s not like a few of the guys that are playing here aren’t goofing up. Is TDA really a better overall player than Attard? Nicky D than Foerster? I don’t think so.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
While I realize no one cares about the NHL all star weekend let alone the AHL, I'd be remiss if I didn't pump my guy Frankie's tires (as the new pfp shows)

He has been a very pleasant surprise as an AHL rookie for the team I actually care about this year (21 goals, 37 points in 38 games), albeit an older one (just turned 25 today), he's definitely getting an NHL contract this summer.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Wonder how this affects Larkin and Yzerman
I don’t believe Yzerman wants Larkin at a high cap hit but the market for reliable 1C’s is getting more expensive, I could be wrong I just get the sense Yzerman is trying to keep the cap down in Detroit.

Not sure how that situation would turn out but I’m sure Yzerman has a plan up his sleeve.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad