Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Actually curious to see Eichel away from that dumpster fire there in Buffalo.

Looking closer at how the cap situations are between Buffalo and the Rags, this makes way more sense to do it in the off-season. Avoids a lot of cap issues for this year from the Rangers side of things.

Rangers have almost 13M in dead cap due to buy outs. It becomes just over 4M next season. Plus, some UFAs to go off the books would be Smith and Johnson, freeing up 5.5M. They have just over 30M in cap space free next season considering how many RFAs they have, but I could see some of the being traded to get Eichel.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think Montreal will get Ekholm.

With Chariot out for 6-8 weeks, they freed up the cap space, have the need, and most of all have lots of picks if the Preds want them.....they have 14 picks this draft. We have 6.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looking closer at how the cap situations are between Buffalo and the Rags, this makes way more sense to do it in the off-season. Avoids a lot of cap issues for this year from the Rangers side of things.

Rangers have almost 13M in dead cap due to buy outs. It becomes just over 4M next season. Plus, some UFAs to go off the books would be Smith and Johnson, freeing up 5.5M. They have just over 30M in cap space free next season considering how many RFAs they have, but I could see some of the being traded to get Eichel.

I’ve been saying for a bit now but LA imo is in the best position to accommodate an Eichel trade if they want. They have the capspace & more importantly probably the most surplus in young players/prospects in the league at the moment.

I think it’s been floated out there that in the summer Buffalo started sending out feelers to see what team’s would part with in an Eichel deal. They apparently wanted Kakko as a centerpiece obviously with additional assets but NY wasn’t really going for it.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Watching Nashville vs Tampa... Shots were 22-19 Preds in the 3rd period against the Lightning where they held a 3-0 lead.

It's now 3-1 and the shots are 35-22 in favour of Tampa with 8 minutes still left. :laugh:

Reactions: Here4ThaList

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I’ve been saying for a bit now but LA imo is in the best position to accommodate an Eichel trade if they want. They have the capspace & more importantly probably the most surplus in young players/prospects in the league at the moment.

I think it’s been floated out there that in the summer Buffalo started sending out feelers to see what team’s would part with in an Eichel deal. They apparently wanted Kakko as a centerpiece obviously with additional assets but NY wasn’t really going for it.

Kakko as the centerpiece... I'd f***ing drive Kakko off in Buffalo if that was it. Eichel is way more of a player than Kakko will ever be.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

GMs in this league are f***ing stupid.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
All in for Eichel in the off season.

We dont have that big time C prospect like a Byfield that Buffalo will want to build around. If LA is willing to part with him, game over.

Patrick being a dissapointment and Frost a mystery makes it harder for us to make moves.

Reactions: Tripod

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Eichel to LA for Byfield + makes a lot of sense.
Would make sense for LA, no doubt. But Buffalo should be looking for a bigger package of several talented players to build some depth, not one big piece and a relatively small +.
Replacing Eichel with Byfield would only extend their rebuild. And I doubt Pegula would be interested in that.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would make sense for LA, no doubt. But Buffalo should be looking for a bigger package of several talented players to build some depth, not one big piece and a relatively small +.
Replacing Eichel with Byfield would only extend their rebuild. And I doubt Pegula would be interested in that.

They have one of if not the best prospect cupboards in the NHL.

No matter what, trading Eichel is going to set them back but Byfield is likely an impact Center next season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

No matter what, trading Eichel is going to set them back but Byfield is likely an impact Center next season.

They’re one of the worst teams in the league as is. There is no quick fix & there’s no perfect trade out there for any player in this league given the salary cap ramifications. Not to mention the whole league essentially knows the guy wants out & he has trade protection kicking in soon. The best thing for Buffalo is to max out the return for Eichel as much as they can. If Byfield++ gets offered up you take it & run at this point.

Reactions: Striiker

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We dont have that big time C prospect like a Byfield that Buffalo will want to build around. If LA is willing to part with him, game over.

Patrick being a dissapointment and Frost a mystery makes it harder for us to make moves.
All that Tolvanen vs Frost talk....and now Tolvanen has the same amount of goals as Patrick + Frost combined have points.

It looked like we killed that draft with NP, MF and Ratcliffe all within the top 35 picks.

Sigh

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Audie Murphy was toned down for the movies because he and directors were afraid that audiences would consider his actual exploits too unrealistic.

When I was in Basic, every building was named after a Medal of Honor winner. The first thing we would do whenever we had instruction in a classroom was hear the story of why that soldier won the Medal of Honor. Some of the stories definitely would have been called, "Hollywood unbelievable" by critics if they were put into movies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

You're right, I guess. It's highly unlikely the Sabres would win an Eichel trade anyway.

But the Sabres one of the best prospect pools in the league? Isn't their terrible drafting one of the main reasons they suck in the first place.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You're right, I guess. It's highly unlikely the Sabres would win an Eichel trade anyway.

But the Sabres one of the best prospect pools in the league? Isn't their terrible drafting one of the main reasons they suck in the first place.

No the Kings have one of the best..

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why would LA do that deal? Why not just play Byfield when he’s dirt cheap.

Eichel is a sure thing superstar in his early prime and would accelerate their rebuild. Byfield could be great...or he could be the next Nolan Patrick or Dylan Strome. There's always a chance a prospect doesnt pan out.

Reactions: Tripod

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I remember hating the Sabres when I first got into hockey because of how damn good they were (06 playoffs and the 9-1 loss in Oct 06 didn't help). Seems like forever ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad