Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVII: What An Ugly Number

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He's easily worth a 1st if he performs close to the prospect he was prior to this season. Heiskanen plays the right side but Dallas is light on RHDs.

2023 firsts tho...at your own risk.

I don't disagree, but the Rangers did their best to diminish his hype. The player even asked for a trade. And they still got good value at a position of strength. Former 1st round pick shine always sticks.

Meanwhile, the Flyers ruin players' values and sell at that new price point. How about a 2023 2nd for Tippett, is that doable? The Flyers probably wouldn't even take it.

Wonder if a GM tries to grab Sandin at some point from the Leafs. Or goes the signing route....1.38 million- 2 million only costs a 3rd.

For a rebuilding team, it's worth the shot.

It's amazing to me that Sandin hasn't seen an offer sheet for a 2nd round pick. His NHL sample is impressive -- it's not a guess. The guess is how it projects to higher usage, but we've seen that story before. I've always liked Sandin back to the Soo. I said it a couple months ago that Sandin is basically what Andrae is hyped as. Not that the Flyers would ever get creative buying low on an RFA, let alone a sub 6ft LHD. Position of strength/redundancy, blah blah.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s ultimately his choice & all that. So I respect that. But looking at this from a financial standpoint league wide I’d imagine the NHLPA will be disappointed.

MacKinnon in 2023 & Matthews in 2024 you had two great opportunities to surpass McDavid’s $12.5M mark from four years ago to start pushing top players salaries up. MacKinnon is making $100K more per year.

Reactions: Curufinwe

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
It’s ultimately his choice & all that. So I respect that. But looking at this from a financial standpoint league wide I’d imagine the NHLPA will be disappointed.

MacKinnon in 2023 & Matthews in 2024 you had two great opportunities to surpass McDavid’s $12.5M mark from four years ago to start pushing top players salaries up. MacKinnon is making $100K more per year.
How long till we match the offer to try to keep Kev dog the face of our franchise in Philly?

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Matthews should be the guy to blow it open.

I’d imagine he’ll more likely to be the one to break the $14M+ threshold but to have both would have really made McDavid’s $12.5M bench mark irrelevant imo.

Other GM’s can keep pointing to $12.5M & $12.6M as a ceiling. McDavid, Matthews, & MacKinnon are arguably the three best players in the world. GM’s can just point to McDavid & MacKinnon’s caphits to keep other players below them down. McDavid & MacKinnon are undervalued all things considered for what they’re being paid/producing.

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad