Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVII: What An Ugly Number

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

1661351103598.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Pronman lists Shane Wright’s “Compete” as “Above NHL Average.”

For as stingy as Pronman usually is, that seems nonsensical.

Reactions: BernieParent

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I still cannot figure out why Anaheim doesn't adopt the Wildwing logo full-time.

Their current logo might be the worst in all of sports. Their jersey template is ass too.

Interested in seeing that Sharks Oakland Seals mash-up
The fact that the NHL cover has Zegras wearing the logo and them going with this again with the RR 2.0 hints to me that they're going to be making the switch full time soon.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
They came from shirts that were put up on the NHL Shop yesterday by accident and pulled down. Those are just the ones that made it up.
I understand Detroit, Philly, Toronto(even with St Pats and Arenas) not being there. Nashville is another, too soon (???)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I understand Detroit, Philly, Toronto(even with St Pats and Arenas) not being there. Nashville is another, too soon (???)
Yeah, they're not supposed to be unveiled yet so those being posted were a mistake. They'll likely be unveiled sometime in mid September officially league wide with a bunch of pomp and circumstance.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
i dont understand how anyone can rank a young player just coming into nhl and playing only ever for a team as shit as the Flyers..

godam Mcjesus couldnt look good here..

put a player like Frost on a legit nhl team and id bet hes a way better player instantly..

Would he be at best a middle tier 2C though?

It’s not that I actively dislike him. Well… maybe a little as I do with everyone associated with this team - but they needed more out of Frost.

For whatever reason, and there are some valid ones. It hasn’t happened. I do find it strange he hasn’t asked for a trade. Helped ruin his own pro career, dumbass.

He’s going into a critical year with Torts as coach, and a team that has shown it’s very willing to block him with Neanderthal try hards. How stupid are you kid?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost ask for a trade? That's a good one. He's done squat until Tippett arrived.
The most overhyped prospect the last decade.

Now I hope he turns it around this year, but compared to say TK, he's a flop so far.
TK was a #24 pick who entered the NHL at 19, and at 22 was an established top 6 player.
At 22, Frost was having a bad season (4th line level at best) until he was paired with Tippett.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Frost ask for a trade? That's a good one. He's done squat until Tippett arrived.
The most overhyped prospect the last decade.

Now I hope he turns it around this year, but compared to say TK, he's a flop so far.
TK was a #24 pick who entered the NHL at 19, and at 22 was an established top 6 player.
At 22, Frost was having a bad season (4th line level at best) until he was paired with Tippett.
Gotta like how the revisionist history is Frost wasn’t expected to be more than a typical 27th overall pick.

Then why would you trade a soon-to-be 26-yr-old former 5th overall pick coming off 59 & 55 point seasons (Schenn) for:

- A guy you don’t expect to ever be as good
- A first rd. pick expected to be in the same range next season
- And absorbing Jori Lehtera’s horrendous $4.7M cap hit for two seasons (which is mostly what the 2nd 1st was for)

???

If the Flyers didn’t expect more out of Frost than an average 27th pick, then it goes down as one of the stupidest trades in history.

But the fact is they expected much more out of Frost (just like they expected TK would be better than the typical 24th pick & so traded up for him), & Hextall himself said Frost wasn’t your ordinary 27th pick & that’s why he made the trade.

Hell, after throwing something when I heard the trade announced, I talked myself into liking it, figuring they must really see something special in Frost.

And through the end of his junior career, he put up big numbers & I was in on the hype.

But so far it hasn’t translated to the pros.

I’m not completely giving up, though. I’m hoping for a breakout. 40 points. I got beat on (ironically by past Frost fanboys) for saying that, but interestingly Meltzer said the same thing recently.

If Frost doesn’t step up this season, at age 23, having 77 NHL games under his belt, closing in on 2 yrs from his shoulder injury, and with a gaping lineup opportunity, then I’ll write him off.

But I’m heading into the season trying to be optimistic. He’s one of a number of players capable of a leap.

Reactions: Rebel247

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Frost is already outperforming his draft position, so by definition he is not a bust.
Without looking there are maybe 10 impactful players total out of that draft. 2017 will go down as a bust draft in general. Should have just skipped a year and thrown those players into 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad