Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

So two of the three 1999 born players released statements claiming their innocence.

That statement is such legalese. “I was not involved in any way with the alleged abuse, and as far as I know, no one has ever suggested otherwise.” Woof. That’s about as technical as it gets saying no without actually saying no.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That statement is such legalese. “I was not involved in any way with the alleged abuse, and as far as I know, no one has ever suggested otherwise.” Woof.

I think they’re getting the info from an legal document. I know the players are listed as “John Doe #1-8”. I guess the birth year might be attached to these names just to give an age record potentially? That’s where the six 1998 born players & two 1999 born players info is coming from?

Like I’m guessing that isn’t bad info & is coming from a legal document so somebody is obviously lying?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Looking at PH Rumors top 50 FA list:

45. Nicolas Deslauriers – New Jersey Devils – 3 years, $7MM ($2.33MM AAV) [projected deal]

At a time when true enforcers are largely being phased out of the league, Deslauriers has been able to carve out a steady role for himself. On top of being one the more prolific fighters, the 31-year-old can chip in with a few goals, plenty of hits, and even kill some penalties. Minnesota indicated that they’d like to keep him but Deslauriers should be able to receive more on the open market than what they can afford to pay for their end-of-roster players.

Other interesting signings:

Trocheck (29): 7yr - $5.625M
Copp (28): 5yr - $5.625M
Palat (31): 5yr - $6M
Perron (34): 2yr - $4.75M
Kane (31): 4yr - $5M
There's got to be a market for JVR at $5M
Same with Hayes next summer with 3x7 left on his deal at 31 if you retain a couple million.

Manson (31): 4yr - $4.5M
Chariot (31): 4yr - $4.75M
Leddy (31): 4yr - $4M
Gudbranson (30): 4yr - $4M
And you think Risto will be unmoveable in a year or two?

3rd pair D-men have gotten expensive
Zadorov (27): 2yr - $3.75M
Lybushkin (28): 2yr - $2.75M
Schultz (32): 2yr - $3M
Cole (33): 1yr - $3M
Maata (28): 1yr - $2.25M

This is why I hate the idea of filling out your roster in FA.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There was no market for Pacioretty with only one year left, and he had 37 points in 38 games. In fact, Vegas had to toss in a cheap RHD who played 59 games and had 13 points last season.

If you are already concocting scenarios to trade a player before they have played a single game under their new 5 year, $25,500,000 contract, that's a good indication it was an atrocious deal that should get the GM fired. If Risto is moveable then move him now and use the cap space on a non-terrible player.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Looking at PH Rumors top 50 FA list:

45. Nicolas Deslauriers – New Jersey Devils – 3 years, $7MM ($2.33MM AAV) [projected deal]

At a time when true enforcers are largely being phased out of the league, Deslauriers has been able to carve out a steady role for himself. On top of being one the more prolific fighters, the 31-year-old can chip in with a few goals, plenty of hits, and even kill some penalties. Minnesota indicated that they’d like to keep him but Deslauriers should be able to receive more on the open market than what they can afford to pay for their end-of-roster players.

Other interesting signings:

Trocheck (29): 7yr - $5.625M
Copp (28): 5yr - $5.625M
Palat (31): 5yr - $6M
Perron (34): 2yr - $4.75M
Kane (31): 4yr - $5M
There's got to be a market for JVR at $5M
Same with Hayes next summer with 3x7 left on his deal at 31 if you retain a couple million.

Manson (31): 4yr - $4.5M
Chariot (31): 4yr - $4.75M
Leddy (31): 4yr - $4M
Gudbranson (30): 4yr - $4M
And you think Risto will be unmoveable in a year or two?

3rd pair D-men have gotten expensive
Zadorov (27): 2yr - $3.75M
Lybushkin (28): 2yr - $2.75M
Schultz (32): 2yr - $3M
Cole (33): 1yr - $3M
Maata (28): 1yr - $2.25M

This is why I hate the idea of filling out your roster in FA.
take all those dman over Risto. Just shows you how bad his deal is when you look at those others.

There is no market for JVR. Otherwise he would be gone no?

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
There was no market for Pacioretty with only one year left, and he had 37 points in 38 games. In fact, Vegas had to toss in a cheap RHD who played 59 games and had 13 points last season.

If you are already concocting scenarios to trade a player before they have played a single game under their new 5 year, $25,500,000 contract, that's a good indication it was an atrocious deal that should get the GM fired. If Risto is moveable then move him now and use the cap space on a non-terrible player.
No one will take Risto at $5x5M. He's trash. D'Angelo will probably be minus-40 without Slavin as his partner on an infinitely better team. Funny he scored so many points for the Canes and they just let him walk without a care....

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
TDA is a scumbag, but his Nasty Nuckles interview was neat when talking about Richie, Pronger and Gagne.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No one will take Risto at $5x5M. He's trash. D'Angelo will probably be minus-40 without Slavin as his partner on an infinitely better team. Funny he scored so many points for the Canes and they just let him walk without a care....
Actually, they tried to resign him, but didn't want to pay his price.

For most players with arb rights, that would mean a monster pay day. But DeAngelo was sent home and bought out by the Rangers the season before — his latest transgression in a list of stains on his character — and could have trouble convincing an arbitrator that he’s worth a high number.

But other teams might be willing to give him a multiyear, big money deal, so Carolina is waiting and seeing on DeAngelo — and the 26-year-old is also exploring his options.

“Tony is representative by (CAA mega-agent) Pat Brisson, and Pat does a good job with Tony. I’ll leave it at that,” Waddell said.

Waddell added that the team has discussed a contract that would be “a few years” with Brisson and DeAngelo.

“We’re just trying to come up with what the value is, which is a difference in opinion right now,” Waddell said.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Pacioretty has durability concerns, and has 2 years left at $7M at 34 years old.

"Jesse Granger, Golden Knights beat writer: I don’t think the Golden Knights viewed Pacioretty as expendable, but they backed themselves into a corner against the salary cap and were forced to make a painful subtraction in order to get out of it. Perhaps Vegas felt Pacioretty wouldn’t remain healthy enough to live up to his $7 million cap hit, considering he’s battled multiple injuries over the last several years and played in only 39 games last season."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad