Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Yeah. They've drafted really well of late. That 2021 class was a beauty. I think Martino is a guy too.
they definitely took a risk with the lundqvist trade in a deeper draft...wish we did that instead of giving a 2nd and hagg for risto. A 2022 1st (rosen--dont know much about him) for cost controlled lundqvist would've been a nicer gamble than the 5mill cap of risto. Then trade hagg for a pick too at the deadline but the flyers wanted to get bigger/tougher.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Guy in my league offered me McAvoy for Aho. Turned him down as it's pretty much a pure points league.

Asked for Jack Hughes this time, who is in my bench behind Aho and Stamkos. It's a weekly league so Hughes probably won't see too much ice, but I do like having three good centers.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Guy in my league offered me McAvoy for Aho. Turned him down as it's pretty much a pure points league.

Asked for Jack Hughes this time, who is in my bench behind Aho and Stamkos. It's a weekly league so Hughes probably won't see too much ice, but I do like having three good centers.
Intraded mcavoy for barzal a few years ago. Still waiting for barzal to score more lol

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

It's behind a paywall but Hasek went off on the NHL, especially Bettman and Daley, for allowing Russians to play in the game this year because of the invasion of Ukraine. He even took his country to task for bending the rules to allow Russian players to enter the nation for the first few NHL games that were played there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Come on. Has Fletcher ever been wrong about a player?

The Fletcher fan club’s method of counting wins/losses.

bigdaddy-winning.gif

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Come on. Has Fletcher ever been wrong about a player?
So far it seems that him liking or disliking a player is the most accurate way to tell who sucks and who's actually good.

Just inverse whatever he thinks and there's a 99% chance you're on the right track.
Imagine if Fletcher was successful with his attempts and going into this season he had traded away all of Giroux, Voracek, Ghost, TK, and JVR within the last year. That's an insane amount of legit NHL talent that he doesn't want when trying to contend now.

He's made it clear that it's guys like Hayes, Ristolainen, Braun, Deslauriers, Tippett, MacEwen, and Yandle that he wants.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Imagine if Flethcer was successful with his attempts and going into this season he had traded away all of Giroux, Voracek, Ghost, TK, and JVR within the last year. That's an insane amount of legit NHL talent that he doesn't want when trying to contend now.

He's made it clear that it's guys like Hayes, Ristolainen, Braun, Deslauriers, Tippett, MacEwen, and Yandle that he wants.

And also not JG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad