Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Olen Zellweger is though...well next season.

Olen and Morrow (who'd he go to again?) right there for the taking, and Chicago and Montreal take that pervert and Nolan Allan. A+ HockeyGuying. Both GMs get fired soon after. At least then Montreal took Hutson and Chicago took Korchinski and Nazar. And yet here we are.

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong, but doesn't Gary Bettman or a crony have to approve every contract in the NHL? Because if so it seems wack to me that he would approve the Miller contract and then say he can't play in the NHL the very next day.

Or maybe I'm just thinking Gary is involved because of how much he was all over the Kovalchuk contract a while back.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong, but doesn't Gary Bettman or a crony have to approve every contract in the NHL? Because if so it seems wack to me that he would approve the Miller contract and then say he can't play in the NHL the very next day.

Or maybe I'm just thinking Gary is involved because of how much he was all over the Kovalchuk contract a while back.
My guess is that there's a presumption that certain protocols are followed by team offices and that the announcement was made before the league had "officially" reviewed it.

It's probably just a "trend" that had built up before a real issue occurred that necessitated the league office to act.

It's basically, "XYZ have dutifully done their work for years now, I'll just sign off on it because there hasn't been an issue for years."

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

A franchise can sign any contract they want, but the league then has to approve it after that signing. If the NHL doesn't approve it, it doesn't void the contract. Right now Logan Mailloux is also not eligible to play in the NHL despite being in the Canadiens' system.

It's like I can buy any car that I want. Just because I have bought it doesn't make it automatically street legal. The government and its rules determine that. If my new car isn't deemed street legal, I haven't automatically un-bought my car.

That's where the Bruins are now. They have a player the NHL has deemed ineligible but he's still under contract with the Bruins. Right now they're trying to un-buy him, but undoing a contract isn't as simple as saying "Sorry, changed our mind".

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I was going to say. That guy was raised by some bad people. Doesn’t even come close to being a excuse for that garbage he did. To have that much hatred in your heart. just another reason why I have no hope for society anymore.
Young people 30 and under recently came out in droves during a successful attempt to (curtail) hatred and bigotry. Don't lose hope.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
IMG_0014.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad