Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Saw that Jake scored the first powerplay goal of the season for Columbus today. :laugh:

Thought he might have passed it into the net, but it was actually a nice deflection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curufinwe

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Because MacEwen is worse than NAK.

Seems like a weird bit of context for you to ignore.
I dunno. It's pretty close. NAK has had a couple good stretches, followed by horrendous play.
I mean it's hard to put up a xGF 31.42% on a team as talented as Toronto, which explains his xGFrel -26.00.
Colorado didn't waive him for cap reasons, since they found $2M for Rodrigues and re-uped Cogliano at 35 years old.

Put it this way, if you're starting either of these guys, you probably have issues with depth.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I dunno. It's pretty close. NAK has had a couple good stretches, followed by horrendous play.
I mean it's hard to put up a xGF 31.42% on a team as talented as Toronto, which explains his xGFrel -26.00.
Colorado didn't waive him for cap reasons, since they found $2M for Rodrigues and re-uped Cogliano at 35 years old.

Put it this way, if you're starting either of these guys, you probably have issues with depth.

Colorado didn't have issues with depth. Quite the opposite, actually.

You know, you don't have to defend every single mistake Fletcher makes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why would we want to pick up NAK? 26 year old 13th forward - we have Allison and Laczynski.
Replacing MacEwen with NAK is a nothing move.

I'll stick with 29 year old Sedlak who can play center, thank you, and wait for Foerster and Desnoyers.

Bellows will probably get a few more games (what's there to lose?) before they send him to LHV or hope someone claims him.

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
Unrelated note to hockey media, I used to like the hockey news some but I can't stand Mike Stephens with that publication. Aside from his blatant hard on for the Leafs, he constantly feels the need to insert his politics into the articles. Anyone else or is it just me?

NOTE: I am not talking about his Mitchell Miller article.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Why would we want to pick up NAK? 26 year old 13th forward - we have Allison and Laczynski.
Replacing MacEwen with NAK is a nothing move.

I'll stick with 29 year old Sedlak who can play center, thank you, and wait for Foerster and Desnoyers.

Bellows will probably get a few more games (what's there to lose?) before they send him to LHV or hope someone claims him.

Replacing MacEwen with NAK is an upgrade.

Making the team better is good management, isn't it?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
JJ Peterka is making an impact already in the NHL at age 20 with Buffalo.

I know you were talking about Buffalo's new regime, but they've made 11 picks each of the last 2 years. They have another 3 2nd rounders this draft (I know whose!), while assembling a really nice underrated core, including some possible home runs last draft. I still think they're missing that Eichel-level talent up front, but if we're talking about a future team that could realistically model that Blues team everyone always cites........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad