Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Lolz. Was otherwise occupied last night, so I missed that the Canucks blew another 2+ goal lead to lose. They were up 3-0 over the Preds after the first.

Pretty amazing how often they collapse this season.

Can’t say I’ve been too impressed with their new front office there so far but it admittedly hasn’t been a long yet. Benning f***ed that organization though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He hasn’t talked publicly to my knowledge so there is a difference there but he’s essentially pulling a Kyrie with his stubbornness to just take an L in an effort to advance his career.

The NHL in general takes advantage of its niche status here in America when it comes to bad PR. They never really have their feet held to the fire like the other major sports. So just bunkering down & waiting for it to pass by usually works (it could still work even here).

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Can’t say I’ve been too impressed with their new front office there so far but it admittedly hasn’t been a long yet. Benning f***ed that organization though.
They still have a pretty glaring weakness in all three spots on right defense, but Rutherford and Allvin have done well enough so far.

Trading or re-signing Miller was a losing proposition, given the circumstances. I would have traded him at the deadline last year, but that's a tough move to sell when their record after Boudreau came onboard was one of the best in the NHL. Pure speculation, but I think they tested the waters for a trade in the offseason, but couldn't find a deal that made sense. I also would have probably taken the best offer and used that money to find a capable defenseman to saddle with Hughes.

The only other move that was curious to me was signing Mikheyev, again because they would have been better off using that money on a defenseman.

This is a year they should have believed they could get into the playoffs, but they're on this unbelievable run of blowing multiple goal leads. There's a lot of doom and gloom out here, rightfully so, but they're not far off from legitimately being competitive. It's a tall task to find one right defenseman, let alone three, though. :laugh:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

He hasn’t talked publicly to my knowledge so there is a difference there but he’s essentially pulling a Kyrie with his stubbornness to just take an L in an effort to advance his career.

The NHL in general takes advantage of its niche status here in America when it comes to bad PR. They never really have their feet held to the fire like the other major sports. So just bunkering down & waiting for it to pass by usually works (it could still work even here).

NHL brass seem pretty pissed off about this signing. I doubt he'll ever be allowed to play.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
NHL brass seem pretty pissed off about this signing. I doubt he'll ever be allowed to play.

I meant the general NHL. Although in other cases Bettman has used that as shield himself & the league from criticism on touchy subjects.

The other leagues are more so on their toes way more when it comes to bad PR situations here in the US.

————————

From a legal standpoint it should be interesting because it sounds like the AHL on top of the NHL isn’t going to clear him to play in those leagues. So what happens now? Is Boston on the hook for some of that money they owe him? They can’t claim a moral clause because they knew the issue beforehand.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

that-went-well-sarcastic.gif

Does Don Sweeney have to drive him back to the airport right now?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
These teams. :laugh:

Half-assed background checks, only for more information to come out immediately after and then the team folds under the pressure.

Wonder if Miller gets any of the money from the contract and if so, what his NCAA eligibility is like now (if that even matters)?

The Bruins management are rightfully the assholes here, but there were other teams interested who are going to get off clean because we’ll never know who they were.
Well we know it wasn't the Flyers since they are tapped out of contracts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
These teams. :laugh:

Half-assed background checks, only for more information to come out immediately after and then the team folds under the pressure.

Wonder if Miller gets any of the money from the contract and if so, what his NCAA eligibility is like now (if that even matters)?

Well we know it wasn't the Flyers since they are tapped out of contracts.
That only means they couldn’t sign him right now, not that they weren’t interested. To the degree anybody was depends on, well, everything, the Bruins were the just ones who just went ahead and did it. If it wasn’t them, it definitely would’ve been someone else.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
What a beautiful disaster. f*** Boston.
It baffles me that a near century-old franchise wasn't able to anticipate the shitstorm that would develop after signing that dipshit.

Total own goal. The buttfumble to end all butfumbles, as if we didn't have enough reasons to hate on Boston already.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

What a horrid story. Also Sens have officially been put on sale and are unbeaten without Zaitsev in the lineup while with him in they are absolute trash. Sounds like us with or without Fisto.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No injuries around the league when Zac was waived, right. :snide:
That was right after rosters were set, so no, teams had already replaced injured players.
If MacEwen had been waived a few days ago, good chance he gets claimed.
Warm body.

MacEwen has clearly out played NAK this year on a team with much less forward talent.
NAK CF 34.19%, CFrel -21.57, xGF 31.42%, xGFrel -26.00, 6g 0 points
MacEwen CF 35.25%, CFrel - 5.80, xGF 32.70% xGFrel -6.67, 9g 3-1 4

MacEwen isn't very good, but NAK was terrible, just like the beginning of last season.

Waiving NAK was never anything to get excited about, he's now on his 4th team in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad