Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXVIII: Post Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
NHLPA strongly suggesting players get vaccinated or potential loss of pay. And since you need to be vaccinated to cross the border, that is something the owners of each team will have to address.

Unvaccinated Players Could Miss Games and Paychecks (And Other Blackhawks Bullets)

According to Kate Strang and Michael Russo of The Athletic, the NHLPA is urging players to be vaccinated ahead of the 2021-22 season and that players could be at-risk of losing game checks if they remain unvaccinated and are the reason for schedule changes if an outbreak of cases happens.

Reactions: Garbage Goal
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
NHLPA strongly suggesting players get vaccinated or potential loss of pay. And since you need to be vaccinated to cross the border, that is something the owners of each team will have to address.

Unvaccinated Players Could Miss Games and Paychecks (And Other Blackhawks Bullets)

According to Kate Strang and Michael Russo of The Athletic, the NHLPA is urging players to be vaccinated ahead of the 2021-22 season and that players could be at-risk of losing game checks if they remain unvaccinated and are the reason for schedule changes if an outbreak of cases happens.

well there is also Florida and Texas with how they are looking at the Covid virus. How will visiting players react to the lack of protocols in both states.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
D10AF67A-72B2-45C3-88E5-FC3FF4F45A28.jpeg

its-always.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

This post by NHL Facebook page made me quite curious how would it look in terms of points per game. This is for defenders with at least 50 games per NHL.com:
(risto is #58 and provorov #77 so thats quite nice actually)

upload_2021-8-15_22-8-31.png

....BUT! #1 if there is no games played condition is absolutely perfect. Nomen omen.

upload_2021-8-15_22-9-26.png

Reactions: Nizzle

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
well there is also Florida and Texas with how they are looking at the Covid virus. How will visiting players react to the lack of protocols in both states.

If I'm reading Friedman's tweet correctly, and the NHLPA article, they don't seem to be saying the same thing.

Friedman says the NHL is requiring anyone with access to players to be fully vaccinated.... does that include the players themselves?

Because the NHLPA "recommendation" that the players get vaccinated is not a requirement... so either it's at odds with the NHL rules, or the NHL rules require everyone in a player's orbit to be vaccinated except the player.

That would make no sense.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
If I'm reading Friedman's tweet correctly, and the NHLPA article, they don't seem to be saying the same thing.

Friedman says the NHL is requiring anyone with access to players to be fully vaccinated.... does that include the players themselves?

Because the NHLPA "recommendation" that the players get vaccinated is not a requirement... so either it's at odds with the NHL rules, or the NHL rules require everyone in a player's orbit to be vaccinated except the player.

That would make no sense.

I think they're two different sets of personnel. The NHL mandate seems to apply to off-ice personnel which have access to players. So sounds like coaches, trainers, equipment folks, etc.

The NHLPA seems to be dealing specifically with the players. Which makes sense. If there's nothing in the CBA giving the NHL the power to mandate vaccinations, then it falls to the NHLPA to govern its members.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think they're two different sets of personnel. The NHL mandate seems to apply to off-ice personnel which have access to players. So sounds like coaches, trainers, equipment folks, etc.

The NHLPA seems to be dealing specifically with the players. Which makes sense. If there's nothing in the CBA giving the NHL the power to mandate vaccinations, then it falls to the NHLPA to govern its members.

Since there is probably no authority for the NHL to require players to get vaccinated, the NHLPA is supporting the next best thing, make the penalty for not getting vaccinated and getting COVID so painful that most will give in - the potential loss of two weeks to a month's of pay is a pretty strong incentive.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Is K’Andre Miller that good? Has someone here watched video on him going into his draft year? I see on the main page and on the NYR board that some wouldn’t do Miller 1-1 in an Eichel trade and adding assets onto him is almost asinine.

I know he’s got some potential, but every game I’ve watched of his, it seemed like the puck was a stretch at times. Maybe I’m missing something or are the NYR fans that overzealous with their assertions?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Is K’Andre Miller that good? Has someone here watched video on him going into his draft year? I see on the main page and on the NYR board that some wouldn’t do Miller 1-1 in an Eichel trade and adding assets onto him is almost asinine.

I know he’s got some potential, but every game I’ve watched of his, it seemed like the puck was a stretch at times. Maybe I’m missing something or are the NYR fans that overzealous with their assertions?

Cap situation and they have Miller pretty highly regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad