NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, but he's one of those physical D-men with limited offensive skills other than a good shot from the point - the kind of player I've been told the Flyers shouldn't be keeping around.

Gudas has always been a solid complementary D-man, 3rd pair guy most of his career, but isn't he blocking prospects from playing on a rebuilding team in Anaheim? (just kidding).

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Yeah, but he's one of those physical D-men with limited offensive skills other than a good shot from the point - the kind of player I've been told the Flyers shouldn't be keeping around.

Gudas has always been a solid complementary D-man, 3rd pair guy most of his career, but isn't he blocking prospects from playing on a rebuilding team in Anaheim? (just kidding).
One sure.... half your d core.... NOPE

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
He was a plus 14 playing 20 minutes a night in front of John Gibson. He should be getting his number retired.

In all seriousness though, he’s a good player with over 700 games under his belt, and he busts his ass. He’d be my choice on that team at this stage.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Named captain of the Ducks….. oh my
That's kinda random. Has he ever even worn a letter so far in his NHL career? Guess that tells us a lot about the state of that Ducks team.

I still remember hearing him speak for the first time and how shocked I was because of his high-pitched voice. I always imagined him having a really deep, intimidating voice.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Plays physical, good locker room guy and now at an age where kids are looking up at him. Not the biggest surprise that he is given a letter.

As a player with the Flyers he was okay within his own limitations but nothing special.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Florida's Cup winning defense:

Forsling - #126-2014, selected off waivers from Carolina in 2021
Montour - #55-2014, traded by Buffalo for 3rd rd pick in 2021
Ekblad - #1-2014,
Mikkola - #127-2015, signed as FA 2023, 3yr/$7.5M
Ekman-Larsson - #6-2009, signed as FA 2023, 1yr
Kulikov - #14-2009, signed as FA 2023, 1yr

Gudas had bad timing, cashed out on a 3 year deal the summer of 2023, would have had no problem making this group.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Florida's Cup winning defense:

Forsling - #126-2014, selected off waivers from Carolina in 2021
Montour - #55-2014, traded by Buffalo for 3rd rd pick in 2021
Ekblad - #1-2014,
Mikkola - #127-2015, signed as FA 2023, 3yr/$7.5M
Ekman-Larsson - #6-2009, signed as FA 2023, 1yr
Kulikov - #14-2009, signed as FA 2023, 1yr

Gudas had bad timing, cashed out on a 3 year deal the summer of 2023, would have had no problem making this group.
Flyers D has 4 former 1st rd picks on it. Plus Seeler who was a 2nd I think. They are getting there.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
No reason to glorify Radko Gudas. Effective player but even when still with the Flyers a well below league average skater and I imagine it has only gotten worse over time. That and the occasional boneheaded play in the worst possible situation... I would not have wanted them keeping him at a 4M cap hit.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe if we're lucky, Drysdale will turn out to be as good as Ghost
Which Ghost? The one who was a solid 2nd pair guy or the one after his knees started to go and became a 3rd pair/PP 1 guy on good teams (1st pair on Zona, AMac was 1st pair on the Islanders).

I'd be happy with the later as the floor and the former as his ceiling.

You want to pair Drysdale with a physical, D-first partner to CYA.

The two strong spots? Wing and RHD.
The weak spots, LHD and Center.

Think we'll draft at least one LHD this summer, along with another C, hard not to, with so many picks in the top 40 (probably 5).

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
No reason to glorify Radko Gudas. Effective player but even when still with the Flyers a well below league average skater and I imagine it has only gotten worse over time. That and the occasional boneheaded play in the worst possible situation... I would not have wanted them keeping him at a 4M cap hit.
he was never escaping the Flyers stygma while here from the refs..

anytime he leveled a player... *whistle* 2mins penalty...esp. if the refs didnt see it

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Drysdale is Humpty Dumpty.

Gave away a top 5 pick for Bob Murray’s magical beans.

Briere will get increasingly torched on that as time goes.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I hate the Drydale - Gauthier swap, we lost that, most likely Gauthier will be around and peak somewhere near 30-30-60 ish, but I do think Drysdale is going to be way better than Ghost will way more defensively resonsibility if he can stay healthy. IF.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I hate the Drydale - Gauthier swap, we lost that, most likely Gauthier will be around and peak somewhere near 30-30-60 ish, but I do think Drysdale is going to be way better than Ghost will way more defensively resonsibility if he can stay healthy. IF.
Drysdale needs a lot of work on defense, which makes you wonder about Anaheim's development and coaching. Could be as bad as Buffalo (see all the players who left and did better).

Flyers know that, that will be the focus with him this season, one reason they wanted to pair him with Seeler.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Your imagination is doing a lot of work. Bringing back Gudas as a UFA after Covid would have been MUCH better than what they eventually did with the Risto trade/extension.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad