NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The structure here just can’t happen

Unless your goaltender is that good to bail you out, this doesn’t work. Oilers are just cooked overall, they’re doing things that they weren’t doing even when they were in tough battles with Vancouver and Dallas.

They’ve been getting forechecked into oblivion. With no transition game, Edmonton has turned into a Hakstol-style point offense. It would take an AV against Montreal type of self-sabotage that to change at this point.

Reactions: VladDrag

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I thought the Panthers were supposed to regress and miss the playoffs? What happened?

Fletcher guaranteed this Cup the second he traded Giroux for their 2024 1st way back in 2022. His luck makes Eddie Mush look like Nick Papagiorgio.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ekblad just killed 20 seconds by himself in the corner. That was crazy. Oilers are done.

Reactions: orangey

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I've noticed that NHL teams are more and more using the word club instead of franchise. Seen it in several official tweets and now the Utah team.
Is this a new thing? Are they trying to get away from NHL teams sounding like corporations?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Nurse is so f***ing bad. That contract has killed Edmontons chance to build the necessary depth around on McDrai.
They have some good deals outside of him though. Their window is closing depending on the cap. Drai’s contract is going to be very high soon.

I also think that the Panthers are that good and a top heavy team like the oilers are at the greatest risk vs them. Dallas would have had a better shot for sure.

I've noticed that NHL teams are more and more using the word club instead of franchise. Seen it in several official tweets and now the Utah team.
Is this a new thing? Are they trying to get away from NHL teams sounding like corporations?

I haven’t noticed a huge change but think soccer is gaining a lot of ground these days in NA. A lot of teams are just xxxx FC

Reactions: TCTC

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I haven’t noticed a huge change but think soccer is gaining a lot of ground these days in NA. A lot of teams are just xxxx FC
I think the first time I noticed it was a Flyers tweet quoting Briere a few weeks ago. Caught my eye that it said "our club" and not "our franchise". Then I saw other teams doing it as well. Never noticed that before.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad