Sergei Bobrovsky is now a HHOF lock

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
He didn't blow a 3-0 series lead. His team did. It's a team sport.

He only had a couple of terrible goals in this series. For example, none of the goals tonight were his fault. Maybe Hyman's but every goalie is beaten on a breakaway every now and then, from Hasek on down.
maybe it isn't fair to say HE blew it but that will be what a lot of people will remember him for

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Bob looks tired. This isn't a 23 year old Bob, he can't handle 2 months of playoff hockey now playing every 2nd night. Panthers should look into having a 1A/1B system like Vegas has.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I don’t think Bob is the reason it’s 3-3, or yes, he’s the reason it’s 3-3 and not 4-1 Oilers
He's let in stinkers and his overall save percentage for the playoffs isn't great.

With that being said, the WHOLE team, Bob included, are struggling. It won't reflect well on ANY of them when they lose their second finals in a row.

Bob is a choker.

Reactions: Tmu84 and Daishi

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Skinner is now .901 and Bobs .903, if Edmonton wins Game 7 then Skinner will likely end up with a better SV % for the playoffs, which is absolutely nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
thought it was 45 last time it happened.. regardless still an embarrassment
Atomic bomb was dropped twice in 1945. What world event will we have in 2024 to make this memorable? I mean, when people in 2104 see a reverse sweep happen again, they have some history to refer to. I guess they can say tesla used to be an electric car but now an electric flying saucer.

I'd like to give a shoutout to @ViD and his pathological need to prop up the Russian NHLers, us Panthers fans really appreciate it and the inadvertent jinxing.
I called it earlier, this is a complete jinx thread for the Panthers. Counting chickens before they are hatched.

• Love
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
FLA's defense is worn down by EDM's speed. EDM is getting to shoot at BOB's stick side which I have to believe is a much lower SV% than into his chest or glove side.
It's always been his weakness unless his D doesn't allow shots there.
This validates my previous posts on this thread, this is the schizophrenic BOB that leaves his non fanboys, shaking their heads. How can he be so good, then so average to below average.
PS: if he's looking bad because his team is letting him down, than it goes the other way to, that they help make him look good. What does that say about being a system goalie!
This 1st ballot HOF expectation should be tempered at this rate.

Maybe he comes up big on Monday, if so, good for him, but FLA losing this series could be a franchise breaking event for many years.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Are people mad ? They scored two 2 on 1 rushes and a breakaway. How in the world you blame Bob ?

It adds up. Game 6 none of the goals were "his fault" but then again that's 3rd sub .850 start in a row in cup clinching games from the highest paid goalie in the league. You argued yourself he's a HHOF lock and 2nd best goalie of the last decade or something, I think that sets the standard higher than "it was not his fault".

In a way it's unfair since game 4 was a total stinker from the Panthers and game 6 all goals were from mistakes that led into very dangerous rush chances against, but then again game 5 was a perfect opportunity for Bob to shut the door and he didn't. Out of the 4 goals, 1 was a total softie and at least 1 was very saveable even though not a "bad goal".

Reactions: Sentinel

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If we want to praise Bob for saving all the grade A chances he saved in games 1 and 3 and make a thread about how he's a HHOF lock because of it, imo it stands to reason that we should question him when he stops making those saves.

Reactions: Tmu84 and Sentinel

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
His "legacy" will forever be "the goalie that played for the Panthers that got reverse swept in 2024" if they lose. There's no undoing that unless you rattle off 2-3 cups before retirement.

With that said, he probably still gets in.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Attachments

• IMG_8442.jpeg
    IMG_8442.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Haha
Reactions: redbeardtx

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
All Oilers goals are coming off odd man rushes off the rush. I don't care who is in net, these are going to go in.

Florida is getting punished for lazy puck battles and aggressive pinches.

They need to change up their plan and take away the neutral zone from the Oil.

They won't make tweaks and will go down with the ship, but they don't need to tweak much here.

Reactions: FinlandPanther

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
FLA's defense is worn down by EDM's speed. EDM is getting to shoot at BOB's stick side which I have to believe is a much lower SV% than into his chest or glove side.
It's always been his weakness unless his D doesn't allow shots there.
This validates my previous posts on this thread, this is the schizophrenic BOB that leaves his non fanboys, shaking their heads. How can he be so good, then so average to below average.
PS: if he's looking bad because his team is letting him down, than it goes the other way to, that they help make him look good. What does that say about being a system goalie!
This 1st ballot HOF expectation should be tempered at this rate.

Maybe he comes up big on Monday, if so, good for him, but FLA losing this series could be a franchise breaking event for many years.
This is pretty much it. Tampa, Boston and NYR don’t have the speed Edmonton has. Edmonton is a freight train steaming full ahead and Florida can’t slow it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad