NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CII: Post-Trade Deadline Edition (POLL: Pick the 2024 Cup winner) -- consolidated transactions threads in OP

Now Who is Your 2024 Stanley Cup Winner?

• Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boston Bruins

• Buffalo Sabres

• Calgary Flames

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

• Edmonton Oilers

• Los Angeles Kings

• Minnesota Wild

• Montreal Canadiens

• Nashville Predators

• New Jersey Devils

• New York Islanders

• Ottawa Senators

• Pittsburgh Penguins

• Seattle Kraken

• St. Louis Blues

• Tampa Bay Lightning

• Washington Capitals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
My dad was reminiscing about his Ohio State playing days, so I was looking up some names on Elite Prospects and found his profile. :amazed:

I had looked him up a few years ago but nothing was there. Someone is finally adding player information from over 50 years ago to college hockey pages. :laugh:

Data isn't great, but it was neat to see some there, anyway.
Hockeydb might have something

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Caps appear to have the Jets beat. 3-0 late, all goals in the 3rd. 2 by Ovechkin.

Islanders play the Devils at 5, they’re so far back in regulation wins that it doesn’t matter how they win as long as they do it.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Caps appear to have the Jets beat. 3-0 late, all goals in the 3rd. 2 by Ovechkin.

Islanders play the Devils at 5, they’re so far back in regulation wins that it doesn’t matter how they win as long as they do it.
Of course it’s a shutout. I think all of Lindgrens shutouts have come with him on my bench in fantasy. Thankfully it’s not going to cost me. I started him against Toronto and he got lit up

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Junior A and USHL to a lesser extent would take a big hit, but it would be a big boost to NCAA hockey. The CHL would get the top 16 year old prospects they lost out on due to the college route, but I imagine they might lose some 19 year olds that want to challenge themselves before turning pro.

U-Sport would also take a big hit since most of their top players are unsigned overagers from the CHL who would probably go play college hockey in the States instead.

Reactions: VladDrag and BigToe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Junior A and USHL to a lesser extent would take a big hit, but it would be a big boost to NCAA hockey. The CHL would get the top 16 year old prospects they lost out on due to the college route, but I imagine they might lose some 19 year olds that want to challenge themselves before turning pro.

U-Sport would also take a big hit since most of their top players are unsigned overagers from the CHL who would probably go play college hockey in the States instead.
U-Sports would get crushed and so would the BCHL, whose whole purpose was to be a path to the NCAA and felt they had to leave Hockey Canada to better serve that.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
good for him... poor guy being glued to VDV while here
Well to be fair Hak had him play in such a passive role that he never got to use his speed. I mean whenever he was on the ice it felt like he always had to stay back and never be on the wrong side of the puck. Essentially as if he was killing a penalty and even when deployed in a checking role it felt like he was miss used. Cherry on top would be to have him and VDV stacked at the blue line and double shift them while opposing team would truly attack with speed to get into flyers zone pull the goalie and we ended up terribly killing 6on5 to close out the games.

Reactions: Curufinwe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad