NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CII: Post-Trade Deadline Edition (POLL: Pick the 2024 Cup winner) -- consolidated transactions threads in OP

Now Who is Your 2024 Stanley Cup Winner?

• Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boston Bruins

• Buffalo Sabres

• Calgary Flames

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

• Edmonton Oilers

• Los Angeles Kings

• Minnesota Wild

• Montreal Canadiens

• Nashville Predators

• New Jersey Devils

• New York Islanders

• Ottawa Senators

• Pittsburgh Penguins

• Seattle Kraken

• St. Louis Blues

• Tampa Bay Lightning

• Washington Capitals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Gratitude is a wonderful thing. Was just looking at some 2023-2024 predictions and everyone had the Devils and Penguins doing far, far better than they are. More than a few had the Devils winning the Metro. I don't think any pundits had the Penguins missing the playoffs altogether. I'm no expert, but I honestly expected them to miss the playoffs. That team flat out quits for multiple games at a time. God the Pens broadcast team is lavishing praise on Malkin. I know they're all paid to be homers but it's pretty pathetic.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Gratitude is a wonderful thing. Was just looking at some 2023-2024 predictions and everyone had the Devils and Penguins doing far, far better than they are. More than a few had the Devils winning the Metro. I don't think any pundits had the Penguins missing the playoffs altogether. I'm no expert, but I honestly expected them to miss the playoffs. That team flat out quits for multiple games at a time. God the Pens broadcast team is lavishing praise on Malkin. I know they're all paid to be homers but it's pretty pathetic.
The Pens downfall has been a treat to watch in real time. We just have to hope Gary doesn't gift them another generational super star for their troubles.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
But the Devils won the off-season two years in a row!:sarcasm:

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Penguins are the exact same team as the Flyers, with a few different breaks. The same stats 5v5, one of the best PKs, one of the worst PPs (the oddity). They were never a contender.

The Devils had the 3rd most points in the NHL last year. They have the 2nd worst save % this year. I’ll bet good money they are better than the Flyers next year and many years after.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
The Penguins are the exact same team as the Flyers, with a few different breaks. The same stats 5v5, one of the best PKs, one of the worst PPs (the oddity). They were never a contender.

The Devils had the 3rd most points in the NHL last year. They have the 2nd worst save % this year. I’ll bet good money they are better than the Flyers next year and many years after.
Yea but the wins now. Enjoy them

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Dougie Hamilton has also only played 20 games this year. How good would the Flyers record look is Sanheim missed that much time?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Islanders up 4-1 on the Jets. Roy must have read them the riot act

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
My dad was reminiscing about his Ohio State playing days, so I was looking up some names on Elite Prospects and found his profile. :amazed:

I had looked him up a few years ago but nothing was there. Someone is finally adding player information from over 50 years ago to college hockey pages. :laugh:

Data isn't great, but it was neat to see some there, anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad