Value of: Minnesota Wild players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kaprizov is too difficult to value.

The other four though, I think I could and be close.

Hartman is the most valuable. At 50% retained, I’d give you the Avs 2024 1st right now. Top 3 protected. I think he’ll fetch a first. Zuc probably does as well at 50% retained. A 2nd for Foligno at 50% retained.
It would depend on who has what top 10 pick next year and if they'd be willing to part with it.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
So Hartman is more valuable than Zuccarello...lol

Hartman is a journeyman who had 37 points last season. He also can't control his emotions, leading to a lot of stupid penalties, he even got benched in an effort to sort out his head. He doesn't fight much, still had 90 PIM last season. No GM would love this, if he's traded the Wild should be happy with a 3rd.
Disagree very much. He scored 37 points in 59 games so at a 0.627 PPG. His 2021-22 career year was 65 points in 82 games (0.79 PPG). And he hasn't not what define as journeyman. He has played on a lot of teams bc alot of teams find him valuable.

Yes, his emotions got him in trouble with us but you can't remove the fact he is paid at only $1.7mil, can play all 3 positions, can play with grit, takes faceoffs, and has a bit of skill to add. His cap hit is what makes him such an attractive trade asset vs Zuccarrelo at 6mil who is a more one-dimensional player (only plays wing, doesn't add grit, and at age 36, the trading team is only going to look at him as a few months rental vs Hartman where they could potentially re-sign at a decent price because of his 1.7 AAV.)

EDIT: For clarification, 0.627 x 82 games = 51points

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Man things are bleak if some folks are actually entertaining a Kaprizov trade.

There's no win you'll win that deal and even if you get a decent futures package for him, there's also no guarantee it'll turn into anything longer term.

Imo shouldn't even be on the table unless it seems bridges are completely burned with the player

Reactions: ctmagic

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Disagree very much. He scored 37 points in 59 games so at a 0.627 PPG. His 2021-22 career year was 65 points in 82 games (0.79 PPG). And he hasn't not what define as journeyman. He has played on a lot of teams bc alot of teams find him valuable.

Yes, his emotions got him in trouble with us but you can't remove the fact he is paid at only $1.7mil, can play all 3 positions, can play with grit, takes faceoffs, and has a bit of skill to add. His cap hit is what makes him such an attractive trade asset vs Zuccarrelo at 6mil who is a more one-dimensional player (only plays wing, doesn't add grit, and at age 36, the trading team is only going to look at him as a few months rental vs Hartman where they could potentially re-sign at a decent price because of his 1.7 AAV.)

Zuccarello can take care of himself and others, search his name on youtube. And there's no reason why a trading team wouldn't re-sign a 70+ point player who's in great shape, and get experience and leadership as a bonus. Then most GM's couldn't care less about age, we've seen that many times. The Wild will get something nice in return if they trade him.

I still think Hartman is worth a 3rd at most.

• Haha
Reactions: Stealth JD

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Man things are bleak if some folks are actually entertaining a Kaprizov trade.

There's no win you'll win that deal and even if you get a decent futures package for him, there's also no guarantee it'll turn into anything longer term.

Imo shouldn't even be on the table unless it seems bridges are completely burned with the player
It's circumstantial, and I don't think any of us think we'll win the trade unless we get some Tage Thompson-esque luck.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zuccarello can take care of himself and others, search his name on youtube. And there's no reason why a trading team wouldn't re-sign a 70+ point player who's in great shape, and get experience and leadership as a bonus. Then most GM's couldn't care less about age, we've seen that many times. The Wild will get something nice in return if they trade him.

I think if Zuccarello wasn't a part of this conversation you'd think Hartman would be worth more.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

I would be skeptical thinking there are many teams looking for more than just a few months of play from Zuccerallo, I just don't see a huge market looking for multiple seasons for Zuccarello because of 1) age and 2) his 6mil cap. I forget all the CBA details but my understanding is his extension would need to be +$6mil and I don't see teams doing giving Zuccarrello a $6.5mil 1-2 year deal at 37 years old.

Hartman, there is so much more flexibility for GMs to work with. His low $1.7 cap hit, his ability to play a role whatever the GM is looking for, he is only 29. I can see a trading team extending him for 3-4 years after that.

Not only that, even if Zuccarello was 50% retained, he would cost $3mil and some of the cup contending teams just don't have the cap space. Now, Hartman at $1.7mil, a cup contender could squeeze him in their team and more market demand = higher the price.

If I was a team trading for Hartman with zero intention of re-signing and has already made their mind up before he wears their jersey, then I would more or less agree with your assessment - 3rd for Hartman (would still lean into a 2nd). But there's going to be a large market for a $1.7mil 40-50 point versatile center/wing PKing gritty character forward (and that PPG is being conservative based on his last 2 seasons) who can then extend 3 more years of him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I would be skeptical thinking there are many teams looking for more than just a few months of play from Zuccerallo, I just don't see a huge market looking for multiple seasons for Zuccarello because of 1) age and 2) his 6mil cap. I forget all the CBA details but my understanding is his extension would need to be +$6mil and I don't see teams doing giving Zuccarrello a $6.5mil 1-2 year deal at 37 years old.

Hartman, there is so much more flexibility for GMs to work with. His low $1.7 cap hit, his ability to play a role whatever the GM is looking for, he is only 29. I can see a trading team extending him for 3-4 years after that.

Not only that, even if Zuccarello was 50% retained, he would cost $3mil and some of the cup contending teams just don't have the cap space. Now, Hartman at $1.7mil, a cup contender could squeeze him in their team and more market demand = higher the price.

If I was a team trading for Hartman with zero intention of re-signing and has already made their mind up before he wears their jersey, then I would more or less agree with your assessment - 3rd for Hartman (would still lean into a 2nd). But there's going to be a large market for a $1.7mil 40-50 point versatile center/wing PKing gritty character forward (and that PPG is being conservative based on his last 2 seasons) who can then extend 3 more years of him.

Zuc and Hartman are both impending UFAs. Their current salary has no real bearing on what they can be signed at with an extension.

The real caveat with Zuc is that it'll be a 35+ contract that makes it ironclad. You can't get out of that if his play takes a nosedive.

Hartman's age and versatility is definitely a more attractive piece for a team to lock up to an extension as more than a brief rental. He'll surely ring in at a decent amount more than that $1.7M next year and onward though. So the value of his miniscule sweetheart caphit for what he brings is a big deal for this season, but teams will still have to be comfortable with him at what is probably more like the $3M range going forward.

The biggest things separating Zuc and Hartman in likely Trade Deadline "value", is that Hartman is really well suited to be the sort of flexible piece that good playoff teams can plug in to their bottom-6 and have him not look out of place at all...but still have the juice to move up the lineup as injuries happen over a long playoff grind. Zuc is more...the sort of piece that is better further up your lineup. Where most good playoff teams at the deadline tend to have a pretty solid Top-6 in place already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circulartheory

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If the Wild trade Kaprizov they should pack it up and relocate

He's the greatest player to ever play for the Wild.

Top 5 winger who can be the very best as ge enters his peak years

Extend him at all costs, stop trying to build from the defense while neglecting center abd offensive guys.

Keep Kaprizov, let him play with a legit 1C and the wild will be contending for years

Reactions: westc2 and ctmagic

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013

Extend him at all costs, stop trying to build from the defense while neglecting center abd offensive guys.

Keep Kaprizov, let him play with a legit 1C and the wild will be contending for years
There is a contingent on the wild page that is in the camp of being ok, or even rooting for a Kaprizov trade. Wild spent two decades trying to draft and develop a player of this caliber. I feel every team has people like this and they represent the absolute worst example of what a sports fan can be.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

That is the big problem. We've been waiting for a legit 1C since day one of the franchise. We would LOVE to get one for Kap, but it's something this team can't ever seem to get close to. Hell, there are times when we can't even get a legit 2C.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
So Hartman is more valuable than Zuccarello...lol

Hartman is a journeyman who had 37 points last season. He also can't control his emotions, leading to a lot of stupid penalties, he even got benched in an effort to sort out his head. He doesn't fight much, still had 90 PIM last season. No GM would love this, if he's traded the Wild should be happy with a 3rd.
Teams would be acquiring Zuccarello for the playoffs, where he pulls an annual disappearing act.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That is the big problem. We've been waiting for a legit 1C since day one of the franchise. We would LOVE to get one for Kap, but it's something this team can't ever seem to get close to. Hell, there are times when we can't even get a legit 2C.
The wild have a nice prospect pool and have churned out good D pretty cibsustebtly (brodin, dumba, as drafted and then spurgeon, scandella, etc as guys that developed into good/great players on the wild)

For some reason the Wild are not able to draft/develope an elite 1C

I thought Rossi was going to be one. Hes still young and has had health issues.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Koivu?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
For some reason the Wild are not able to draft/develope an elite 1C

Not really a mystery, it's because they choose to remain on the hamster wheel of mediocrity where they don't end up in a position to draft them. They'd rather go for the first round exits every year.

There is a contingent on the wild page that is in the camp of being ok, or even rooting for a Kaprizov trade. Wild spent two decades trying to draft and develop a player of this caliber. I feel every team has people like this and they represent the absolute worst example of what a sports fan can be.

Being okay with trading Kaprizov if the alternative is him walking and we get nothing makes me the absolute worst of what a sports fan can be?

Kinda weird weird to expose yourself like that.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Kaprizov...honestly, i don't even know where to start on this one. He'd have extremely high value, but it's one of those trades that just doesn't make even a shred of sense for Minnesota. There's just zero realistic potential for them to "win" a trade like that. Moving a young superstar...the team doing that always loses that trade. Teams in a position to make that deal aren't typically in possession of the bluechip young "centerpiece" to make it a "quality for quality" swap. So it always ends up being a "quality for quantity" deal. The team acquiring "quantity" is pretty much guaranteed to "lose" that trade overall. Makes him virtually untradeable, from a pragmatic standpoint.
Agree but OReilly for Tage seemed to work out, rare and arguable about ROR being a superstar maybe but it did work out.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Agree but OReilly for Tage seemed to work out, rare and arguable about ROR being a superstar maybe but it did work out.

Like @Dr Jan Itor alluded to earlier, if he was traded, it wouldn't be to win a trade, it would be to not lose him for nothing like Calgary did with Gaudreau

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If Minnesota trades Kaprizov it should be for someone younger and good but not as good. Say, to Devils for Mercer.

Mercer is a center and 22 in a month. Scored 27+29 in 82 last season. And Kaprizov will move to NY City, where he resigns for sure, and him and Jack Hughes together. Or him and Hischier...

Of course Devils don't have enough cap for 1-for-1 trade, but I think it's the problem that can be solved. Mercer needs a new contract after this season anyway, and it's going to be a pretty substantial contract.

Last edited:

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
If Minnesota trades Kaprizov it should be for someone younger and good but not as good. Say, to Devils for Mercer.

Mercer is a center and 22 in a month. Scored 27+29 in 82 last season. And Kaprizov will move to NY City, where he resigns for sure, and him and Jack Hughes together. Or him and Hischier...

Of course Devils don't have enough cap for 1-for-1 trade, but I think it's the problem that can be solved. Mercer needs a new contract after this season anyway, and it's going to be a pretty substantial contract.
Is NJ throwing in Luke Hughes or have you started hitting the pipe?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's Minnesota fans want to trade Kaprizov not Devils'...

It's still not a want to trade him thing, it's exploring the potential value if we were to trade him

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Zucc with probable double retention and a good season I could see a second and a mid round pick to the third team.
Hartman is interesting at least for me to think of value, so I’ll just guess a second. Great contract now but last of a deal next year I’ll say hurts the wild.
Foligno another guy thought they should’ve moved him earlier but I understand they were in the playoffs and a good locker room guy. If he bounces back offensively while still being his physical self I could see a first.
Duhaime mid round pick. Like the player a lot.

Kaprizov just to tough to put any value on. He’s awesome.

Addison is tough one also. Good offensive player. Not sure the price will be high for a dman of his player type. But good amount of team control going forward.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If the front office isn't going over contingencies for Kaprizov, then they're just being negligent. Simple as that.

Unless you're a "blank check" kind of guy.

Reactions: AKL

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Wild have cap space next year and while Zucc can be signed, he is mid 30's and not sure they dont want a younger LW. Now I am not sure what Dubas does as to Guentzel in his last year, But since he is a Minny native, and Billy G knows him well. Would I consider moving him? I would. Jake will command a deal as a UFA that has AAV and term that is much longer than Sid even if Sid extends one year to finish with Geno. I prefer Pens go a different direction on the top LW next year. As to return, Foligno and Hartman are not comparable but it is really about having the cap space to go after a top winger next off season. Won't happen but if the pens are to make a run by adding a top LW in FA and adding a RD 3rd pairing, then Pens can go for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad