Value of: Minnesota Wild players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
a very depressing thought exercise that would end with us sans a franchise level talent for another 20 years.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If the offer for Kaprizov doesn't start with a prospect like Cooley, then there is no point in entertaining the trade.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Jeff Skinner, Mathew Savoie, JJ Peterka/Peyton Krebs, Noah Ostlund/Issac Rosen and 1st 2024 for Krill Kaprizov

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
For people wondering why Kaprizov is in this conversation, on July 1, 2024, his full NMC kicks in. After that, these are the possible options:
1. He walks as a UFA two seasons later.
2. He does not plan to re-sign, but is open to a trade in his final year, but only to a minimal amount of teams.
3. He leverages the NMC into a GIGANTIC contract extension.
4. He likes it here and signs a reasonable/fair market contract extension.
5. He really likes it here and he signs a team-friendly contract extension.

I guess it's up to everybody to put those in order from most to least likely.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No one is taking on Jeff skinner
MN certainly wouldn't. While the other pieces are nice, they aren't good enough to offset swapping Skinner for Kaprizov. I also think that the Sabres would have trouble re-signing Kaprizov, unless they absolutely break the bank when doing it, and that seldom works out well.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Islanders would offer Barzal + for Kaprizov.
I would think about this one. Hard to know on what trajectory Barzal is on, as a player. Having Trotz as a coach early on messed with his production, no doubt, but is he one of those players that flames out after showing great promise early, or does he have staying power?

I do think that NYI would have a shot at re-signing Kaprizov. Russians tend to like the NY area.

Reactions: Goa1228

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
For people wondering why Kaprizov is in this conversation, on July 1, 2024, his full NMC kicks in. After that, these are the possible options:
1. He walks as a UFA two seasons later.
2. He does not plan to re-sign, but is open to a trade in his final year, but only to a minimal amount of teams.
3. He leverages the NMC into a GIGANTIC contract extension.
4. He likes it here and signs a reasonable/fair market contract extension.
5. He really likes it here and he signs a team-friendly contract extension.

I guess it's up to everybody to put those in order from most to least likely.
He is also in the conversation because we are Minnesota Wild fans: we expect to be disappointed.

Reactions: NHL1674

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is also in the conversation because we are Minnesota Wild fans: we expect to be disappointed.
Yes, there is no doubt that keeping Kaprizov around threatens the state of perpetual mediocrity that Minnesota lives in.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
I thought this thread was going to be about guys who liked to party hard.
That will be the Wild front office when the Parise and Suter dead money finally comes off the books in two more years. It's tough to maneuver when you start out with 17% of your salary cap out of commission.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If Anaheim is reluctant to commit to Zegras, maybe a trade involving Kaprizov and Zegras makes sense, especially if they’re expecting a lot from MacTavish and Carlsson?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Anaheim is reluctant to commit to Zegras, maybe a trade involving Kaprizov and Zegras makes sense, especially if they’re expecting a lot from MacTavish and Carlsson?

Hard to say yes without knowing where Zegras' head is at in terms of a contract and where he wants to be long term. Cozens already comes with term at a very reasonable price, so in a hypothetical world where those are the options, I'd heavily lean towards Cozens.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
I would imagine the Wild are going to do everything in their power to sign Kaprizov long term. Players like that are extremely rare. Also anyone who denies that he's a top 10 forward in the league hasn't seen him play very much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad