Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
THG the hockey guy latest power rankings has us 26th. i just don't see how we make the playoffs with this blue collar roster. we'll probably be in the mix but fall short of a wild card spot.
+Wallstedt
+Ohgren
+Trenin (PK ability)
+Spurgeon back (hopefully healthy)

If nothing else, we actually have NHL caliber depth

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
+Wallstedt
+Ohgren
+Trenin (PK ability)
+Spurgeon back (hopefully healthy)

If nothing else, we actually have NHL caliber depth
Plus, I personally have no expectations for this upcoming season other than watching kids develop. Next season... different story. BBB better deliver

Reactions: NHL1674

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
The goalie-situation is a big question mark, imo. Gustavsson had a bad season and Fleury had some good games. But I'd be worried if Flower has to play more than 25 games next season. And i'm not sold on Wally at this point but he's shown potential for the future.

The opponents shouldn't score as much as last year against us if all key-defensemen (Brodin, Spurgs, Faber) can stay healthy. But it all comes down if we get some stability from our goalies. If they perform well, the Wild will reach the Playoffs. If not, the season will be similar to the last one.

At least one of our goaltenders should be able to provide stability but I'm not sure who it's gonna be. I'd put my money & hope on Wally. I was really dissapointed of Gustavssons last season. I thought they would trade him, to be honest.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
THG the hockey guy latest power rankings has us 26th. i just don't see how we make the playoffs with this blue collar roster. we'll probably be in the mix but fall short of a wild card spot.

If the Wild can get off to a decent start, see improved play from Gus and avoid the injury bug, I could easily see the Wild making the playoffs....but don't see a deep run with this roster as currently constructed.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Nice to watch the Wild play in Norway, at least some of the players. Zucc's annual charity game is August 17th. Confirmed players (more will follow) are Eriksson Ek, Boldy, Brodin and Fiala :thumbu:

Too bad Kaprizov was denied a visa.

Reactions: More Cooley

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So with Faber now locked in, I think we'll have something like $16.5M to play with next summer, with Yurov and Buium on ELCs and only Rossi, Khusnutdinov and Wallstedt needing new deals (and altogether they might get ~$10M of that unless Rossi goes crazy this year). So, still annoying that we don't have more to play with, but should still have a decent amount.

In theory, we would be able to package Rossi + other things for ~$10M player, if that opportunity presented itself.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
So with Faber now locked in, I think we'll have something like $16.5M to play with next summer, with Yurov and Buium on ELCs and only Rossi, Khusnutdinov and Wallstedt needing new deals (and altogether they might get ~$10M of that unless Rossi goes crazy this year). So, still annoying that we don't have more to play with, but should still have a decent amount.

In theory, we would be able to package Rossi + other things for ~$10M player, if that opportunity presented itself.
I think those are high estimates too, bridge deals likely keep those three below $8MM. I would be comfortable adding anything under $9MM without major consequences to the roster. Above that and we need to convince some people to waive NTCs.

Pretty good position for this year actually, puts us in the market to go after either one big fish, or a couple mid cap guys and explore fit as early as this deadline.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, Boeser just had his best season ever, by a large margin, and now we want to throw money at him? Whatever happened to buy low, sell high?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What happened to not having too much money tied up in wingers? That's the reason we got rid of Fiala right?

If there's one player I don't want to commit a lot of money to from age 28/29 to 35/36, it's Boeser. He's already had issues staying healthy throughout his career and his game will not age well.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What happened to not having too much money tied up in wingers? That's the reason we got rid of Fiala right?

If there's one player I don't want to commit a lot of money to from age 28/29 to 35/36, it's Boeser. He's already had issues staying healthy throughout his career and his game will not age well.
To be fair, Yurov wasn't a center prospect yet.

Also, I was never one that cared about too much at the winger position.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
where is all the cap space for these players? nevermind i thought you were talking about this season. i've just been hearing crazy rumors that can't be true with our cap.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Ek at $5.25M allows us to splurge. Or so I was told.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Right shot goal scoring winger is the right player though, right? Konecny was a target for the same reason(s).
Konecny was that, plus a line driver and a good penalty killer. Boeser would/should be less because he lacks those, which is the instance that I might not be opposed.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Havent read the entire thread but how do you expect the goalie situation to play out this year with 3 capable netminders?

You think Fleury gets the bulk because its his final season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad