Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Nice to watch the Wild play in Norway, at least some of the players. Zucc's annual charity game is August 17th. Confirmed players (more will follow) are Eriksson Ek, Boldy, Brodin and Fiala :thumbu:

I'll update this. 7 Wild players incl Zucc on the NHL team, Faber, Johansson and Gus will also be there. Hopefully the broadcaster will provide a free unblocked stream since it's all for charity, but I doubt it because TV2 Sport 2 isn't free.

Btw, selected EHL players on the other team (Elite Hockey League, Norway).

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This is great news, happy for Kirill. I believe he was denied entry the first time, but now he probably bumped into an immigration officer who's a hockey fan :D

Here are some details on how they got it done, i think both Zuccarello's manager and the Wild helped Kirill. He's in Russia, will travel from Moscow to Istanbul, and then to Gothenburg. He has a Swedish visa valid for one year, after the Global Series last year. From there a helicopter will take him to Lillehammer in Norway. He'd still get stopped at a Norwegian airport with a Russian passport, but this helicopter plan has been approved by immigration.

This shows what a good man Kirill really is, and the strong bond between him and Mats.

Last edited:
Reactions: BagHead

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He has no valid reason to game the immigration system like he does, at best highly immoral behavior by an entitled millionaire.
He’s going over there for a charity game in a sport that which employs him… If you look at the tweet, Zuccarello’s team received written permission for him to be there via flying the way he will. I see no reason for the whining.

Reactions: lordtrillson

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He’s going over there for a charity game in a sport that which employs him… If you look at the tweet, Zuccarello’s team received written permission for him to be there via flying the way he will. I see no reason for the whining.
If he has legal grounds for entry he wouldn't have to take a private helicopter in order to avoid border controls.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He has no valid reason to game the immigration system like he does, at best highly immoral behavior by an entitled millionaire.

He's a multimillionaire. Not one of those mere peasants with only a 1 in front of six other numbers.

Reactions: AKL

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If he has legal grounds for entry he wouldn't have to take a private helicopter in order to avoid border controls.
Speculation. If it was illegal, why would he allow the country to know when and where he’s going to be?

This wreaks of prejudice against Russians who have no say in what their country does.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I know we can't outright call this what it is due to forum rules, but lets not pretend it's this red herring you've put forth, either. This is international law getting complicated because of a war. But Kaprizov is not Russia, itself, and this is for a good cause.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

It's not like he's trying to enter the country illegally. The Norwegian rule says a special permission can be given, and that's what happened in this case.

There was not enough time to apply for a visa, he did a while ago and it was denied. This is the result of a lot of work by a lot of people. And I believe Kaprizov even pays for the chopper ride himself, in fact the entire trip.

Kirill just wants to play hockey, and they're all very happy to see him there.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Speculation. If it was illegal, why would he allow the country to know when and where he’s going to be?

This wreaks of prejudice against Russians who have no say in what their country does.
"The government has decided that as of 29 May 2024, Russian citizens with a visitor visa are to be refused entry to Norway if they travel to Norway as a tourist or for other non-essential purposes."

Playing a hockey game or visiting friends do not qualify as essential purposes.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
"The government has decided that as of 29 May 2024, Russian citizens with a visitor visa are to be refused entry to Norway if they travel to Norway as a tourist or for other non-essential purposes."

Playing a hockey game or visiting friends do not qualify as essential purposes.

He was given special permission. Please read the tweet.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He was given special permission. Please read the tweet.
Tacit understanding of being able to bypass border controls by using a private helicopter is not a special permission. If he had the paperwork he could use official entry points like everyone else.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So when is this game again?

Since it's not going to be on tv who wants to pay for my trip over there so I can stream it on onlyfans?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Tacit understanding of being able to bypass border controls by using a private helicopter is not a special permission. If he had the paperwork he could use official entry points like everyone else.
There’s no convincing you of anything. Your mind is set. Good day.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The important thing is he's allowed to stay in Norway, otherwise he'd get arrested of course.

So when is this game again?

Since it's not going to be on tv who wants to pay for my trip over there so I can stream it on onlyfans?
Saturday, game starts 5:30pm local or 10:30am CT.
It's on TV2 Sports network...subscription. Search for a stream, maybe you're lucky.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Border controls are also handled at airports where helicopters land. He's not entering illegally, he's not bypassing Border control.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Are you a Swedish or Norwegian citizen concerned about your safety and well being with Kaprizov being allowed into the country? Because he's been in my country quite a bit and I'm still kickin. Just wanted to assure you he's not a threat to you or anyone else, set your mind at ease.

Reactions: MuckOG

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Border controls are also handled at airports where helicopters land. He's not entering illegally, he's not bypassing Border control.

Not all airports have border control agents. There are also separate landing areas for planes and helicopters.

The reason to take a chopper instead of a charter jet from Sweden is to avoid dealing with border control. A plane can come from many other countries. A chopper can only has a range of ~500 miles so it could only really be for a couple of other nearby EU countries. They are also slower and a rougher and louder ride.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Are you a Swedish or Norwegian citizen concerned about your safety and well being with Kaprizov being allowed into the country? Because he's been in my country quite a bit and I'm still kickin. Just wanted to assure you he's not a threat to you or anyone else, set your mind at ease.
You are obviously not a goalie.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Maybe between the US and Canada, but not Sweden and Norway. Nordic citizens do not even need any identity documentation to cross the border, but that does not legally apply to others such as Russians even if there's no one there to physically stop them as long as they avoid traveling through an airport or other such place where controls do exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad