Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Pretty much confirms what I suspected, Guerin has no clue.

Gave Hartman and Zuccarello similar contracts, but as of last season Zuccarello was making over three times as much. Hartman outscored Zuccarello at even strength despite less favorable usage, and Zuccarello received way more favorable PP usage, where he scored most of his points. Of course Hartman isn't going to score as many PP points.

Hartman has warts and things he should be better at, but if you're going to call out his offense, either give him the same opportunities you give Zuccarello, or call out Zuccarello too.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Kaprizov - Rossi - Boldy
Trenin - Ek - Foligno
Johansson - Hartman - Zuccarello
Lauko - Marat - Freddy/waiver claim/2-way contract

Wait, can we even afford a Rossi extension if he goes point-per-game on that line?
Nah. If Rossi is a threat to become a PPG player on that line, they'll demote him to 4th line.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's funny how just a couple days changes the mood here:

After the 1st round of the draft:
1719880292523.png

After the 1st day of FA:
1719880327559.png

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN and NHL1674

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
These signings really make me think BG is just a good BS’er. What plan? Thank goodness we lucked out at the draft, otherwise I’d about throw in the towel on this team. I do wish he waited on Middleton and see how he looked this year.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Expecting Wallstedt to have a tremendous year down there. For me next year is all about Boldy taking the next step from 1st line winger to star level, ppg+.

If we have 2 line driver, a solid top 4 and Wallstedt, Yurov, Buium coming in the next year, we’ll be in a good spot. Especially since we should be able to add 1 impact player yet.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

aqsw

PM
Sponsor
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Is Wallstedt really slated for that AHL ? Wouldn't he be better served splitting with Fleury and getting
NHL games in and being prepared to take over #1 in 25-26.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It makes sense. Guerin is pretty good at one of the things, and pretty bad at the other. More than one of us saw this coming.

On a lighter note, is that AI art, or did you find these somewhere (or both)?

Those were just some quick AI things I made. Made the first one during the draft when everything was rainbows, bubbles, and unicorn farts on here. Made the 2nd just now and just kept the unicorn theme.
It's too soon to derail this new thread, so if you want to know more like, subscribe, and comment in the OT post I made on here. Every interaction helps the algorithm share this with more people. lol (I really need to stop doing social media stuff)

You add me to the list of seeing this coming. Zeev falling in the draft was a very nice surprise, and I didn't see that happening. UFA day was about what I expected so I'm just whelmed and nothing more.

Reactions: BagHead

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
15 mins about his plans for next season:

And 12 mins of our beloved GM:

I actually interpreted this very differently, to me, it sounded like Hynes favored keeping the Boldy line together but was just pandering to Russo directly posing lines at him. He said all options were on the table, but he specifically mentioned the Kap - JEE - Boldy line as carrying the team and finding a playing partner for Rossi - Zucc, he linked those two and Boldy - JEE together specifically in any event. I think that was more Russo putting words in his mouth than anything definitive.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is Wallstedt really slated for that AHL ? Wouldn't he be better served splitting with Fleury and getting

No because Fleury is retiring after next year and Gus is a better player than Fleury

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think this is the closest I will ever see to you complimenting Guerin. I also think it's fair.

I complimented him the other day for working the phones well at the draft. He did a good job of making sure we landed Buium and Wallstedt.

I generally like that he's willing to go after his guys, I just don't like his methodology or his guys.

His trades have generally been decent value too, again just don't always like the guys he chooses to acquire or get rid of.

I definitely don't think he's good at contracts though.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
this is insane.
And absolutely predictable. Zucc is an anchor that drags Kap down to his level when playing 5 on 5. Once they were separated last season, it made a huge difference. Kap was getting lazy and very passive with Zucc. After the breakup, he was skating with more confidence, shooting more, and just looked like the old Kaprizov. Just because we can't find Zucc a partner on the 2nd line, why the #$%@ are we gonna stalemate the first line? We have a proven top line. If they can't find a new friend for Zucc, then reduce his icetime and just use him on the powerplay. He's not a bad guy and not a bad player. But he belongs NOWHERE near the top line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Ox and TaLoN

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If Gus is on the team, which I prefer, Wallstedt likely starts in the AHL, pending an outstanding camp, and gets called up for spot starts mixed with Fleury, unless Gus really shits the bed early season. I think they wait though and see how Gus rebounds before Wallstedt sees much time.

I do think he gets a decent slate of games in the second half to go with hand selected games in place of Fleury to ease him in.

If Wallstedt comes into camp and is a rockstar, play the trio until you can move Gus, or Wallstedt hits a roadblock. The Wild have been adamant about playing the hot hand over the past 3 seasons, I imagine they maintain that mindset and give the net to the most deserving player at the time.

Ideally, Gus returns to good play, Wallstedt performs well in his spot starts, builds into ~25 games this season and after Fleury's retirement, we stroll into next season with a solid tandem of Gus and Wallstedt splitting.

Reactions: aqsw

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Then I hope it backfires. I hope moving Gus and/or Rossi blows up big time in BG's face and will get us one step closer to getting rid of him.

Wait and see what Gus does for a few months this season before moving him.

I don't know if it's gonna matter because I'm pretty sure Kaprizov is gonna take one look at all the money being dumped into shit players and split

Reactions: NHL1674 and TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad