London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Updated:

Barkey, Nurmi, Cowan(2)
O'Rielly, Julien(OA), Nicholl
R.Boulton, Van Gorp, Sim (OA)
Van Bommel, Bidgood, Arrowsmith
Hawery(3) (Semyonov) (Johnston)

Dickinson, Bonk
Leonard (OA), Brzustewicz
Wooley, Jenken, P.j. Fagan

Gatto
Medvedev

Reactions: TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Top 6 including Nurmi, Halttunnen, Barkey, Cowan, O’Reilly and Julien or Nicholl is extremely solid!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Updated:

Barkey, Nurmi, Cowan(2)

Dickinson, Bonk

Gatto
Medvedev
That’s why I posted mine and said it was the realistic lineup.

Nurmi doesn’t play Center, Nichol is a useful Center, O’Rielly will play Center or RW, Sim has done his time and will be our “Max McCue” the coming year and be in the top 6.

If we see Easton Cowan, it will be in late November or after the World Juniors

Reactions: LDN

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Idk if Cowan is gone yet the forward group is log jam it will come down to how Cowan plays in preseason and 8 regular season games.
I don't think he's big enough yet to take the grind of a whole NHL season

Updated:

Barkey, Nurmi, Cowan(2)

Dickinson, Bonk

Gatto
Medvedev
IF this happens count me in!! A couple adds at the deadline we could see a long playoff run again

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Idk if Cowan is gone yet the forward group is log jam it will come down to how Cowan plays in preseason and 8 regular season games.
I don't think he's big enough yet to take the grind of a whole NHL season

IF this happens count me in!! A couple adds at the deadline we could see a long playoff run again
That’s what we thought about Wyatt Johnston and that didn’t age well.

Reactions: tjziel

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022

Not bad for a goon eh LOL 😂

They're over the cap atm I don't think they can risk gambling because Cowan money would not be able to be moved. Unless Marner is traded for prospects and draft picks I don't see room for Cowan
Cowan potentially replaces someone in the lineup at a higher AAV. Haven’t looked to see who that might be.

Reactions: dirty12

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022

They're over the cap atm I don't think they can risk gambling because Cowan money would not be able to be moved. Unless Marner is traded for prospects and draft picks I don't see room for Cowan
f he thinks he will be a tough guy at that level, he better think again. He wasn't even the toughest in this league. If he has some skill he may be able to stick around, but we don't know if he has any. Probably be up and down

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

They have room for him on the forward depth. If there is an injury, Cowan would be immediately plugged in. I think of Easton Cowan as the “Nick Robertson replacement.

Domi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
???? - Kampf - Reaves

As soon as there is an injury in the top 6 Cowan is plugged in. Thus why I think we won’t see Cowan until Christmas because he will be on the bench on in the press box.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Looks like cowan will graduate. Along with trading hawerys rights, on top of that we got some other forward prospects knocking on the door. Wonder if haltunnen will be back or will go pro
You keep talking about trading Hawerys rights and how he's not reporting. There's alot of time left to sign the kid.

Reactions: LDN

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
How do you know Nurmu will be here when is able to play in the AHL and already slotted it that teams lineup. I'm hoping he's here but there's that.
Regarding Jesse Nurmi:

He is good, but will get better development coming to the OHL learning playing a NA style and come out as a better polished player playing in his own age group and gaining some confidence. That is key because Jesse Nurmi only put up 2 pts in 18 games in the Finnish Men’s league. Sometimes NHL teams want their players to fill the net more so their prospects can get
more confidence for the next level. Or maybe Nurmi recieved bottom 6 minutes while playing overseas and wasn’t allowed to consistently showcase his offensive skills with his limited icetime.

He played in Finland but didn’t seem to put up a lot of points playing with men, so sometimes that stunts players development

Playing in the AHL or overseas amongst men before you are ready can hinder development. Think Kasper Halttunen. Believe it or not, Halttunen only put up 1 assist in 23 games (although he got injured) in the Finnish Elite League with men. Scouts wanna see you thrive or put up points. So San Jose already seen that Halttunen struggled a bit against men in the Finnish Elite League, so no point in bringing him over to NA to play with men in the AHL, so it only made sense to send Halttunen to London. Same goes with Nurmi……

It’s just logical sense.

I will bet anyone $20 that Jesse Nurmi never even sees an AHL game. I am 100% positive though. Not even Kasper Halttunen played an AHL game last year, and he might be better than Nurmi so….

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Regarding Easton Cowan for the Leafs:

"I think he's going to make a push [to earn a spot in the NHL]. I think t's always hard to take that jump from junior to the NHL. That's a pretty big step, but he's proven everybody wrong at every level, so I don't put it past him.

He's going to have to come into camp, and really, the defensive aspect of the game will be key for him to be able to check and stay up to the pace of the play, not just the offensive side of the game, but, I mean, he's very close and it will be exciting to watch." - Haley Wickeneiser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad