London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Gazizov didn't get drafted:(. If no team signs him, does he come back to london or does he go back to Russia?

Reactions: LDN

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Gazizov didn't get drafted:(. If no team signs him, does he come back to london or does he go back to Russia?
The Hunters won't keep him as a OA import unfortunately. He would take up two very import spots on the roster. You will have your answer when the import draft happens.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The Hunters won't keep him as a OA import unfortunately. He would take up two very import spots on the roster. You will have your answer when the import draft happens.
Idk why not keep him for another year?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Idk why not keep him for another year?
Because if we keep him, he takes up 1 of 3 Overager spots AND 1 of 2 import spots. That is not good asset management by the Hunters.

They will release him and hopefully some team in the OHL that can’t pull in their own targeted players reach out to the Knights to see if he would report to their team.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Because if we keep him, he takes up 1 of 3 Overager spots AND 1 of 2 import spots. That is not good asset management by the Hunters.

They will release him and hopefully some team in the OHL that can’t pull in their own targeted players reach out to the Knights to see if he would report to their team.
Ya I originally thought the same but it all depends who's coming back as another possible OA. With the number that Gaz has been putting up taking two spots might end up being worth it at the end. We will have to wait and see.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Ya I originally thought the same but it all depends who's coming back as another possible OA. With the number that Gaz has been putting up taking two spots might end up being worth it at the end. We will have to wait and see.
He will get a free agent invite to an NHL camp and will probably sign an AHL contract.

We’ve seen Gazizov play his last game in London.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
He will get a free agent invite to an NHL camp and will probably sign an AHL contract.

Interesting. I just think he could come back and put up 100 points

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111

I thought the same thing and then Parekh was drafted ahead of Dickinson so I guess anthing can happen.

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Was reading pyettes article this morning, he said ustinkov informed the Knights that he wouldn't report this season. That's why london released his rights
I wonder if this is the reason he went undrafted. Maybe he plans to stay in Europe long term. To be ranked 2nd/ 3rd round and go undrafted seems a bit strange.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I wonder if this is the reason he went undrafted. Maybe he plans to stay in Europe long term. To be ranked 2nd/ 3rd round and go undrafted seems a bit strange.
those rankings are not always based on live in person viewings and more on hype. small defencwman need to be elite for the nhl

Reactions: tjziel

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Since Gazizov and Halttunen will be protected, it will be interesting to see what the Knights do in the import draft. Here are some people I’m hoping the Knights take…

Luka Radivojevic - elite smooth skating offensive D. Signed with Sweden, but was rumoured to be interested in coming to NA.

Emil Hemming - Kasper Halttunen 2.0. Has one year left with his pro team in Finland, but if he signs an ELC that could be nullified.

Konsta Helenius - smart player see similarities to Mitch Marner in terms of playing style but not as high a ceiling. Would be a cool darkhorse pick.

Last edited:

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Since Gazizov and Halttunen will be protected, it will be interesting to see what the Knights do in the import draft. Here are some people I’m hoping the Knights take…

Luka Radivojevic - elite smooth skating offensive D. Signed with Sweden, but was rumoured to be interested in coming to NA.

Emil Hemming - Kasper Halttunen 2.0. Has one year left with his pro team in Finland, but if he signs an ELC that could be nullified.

Konsta Helenius - smart player see similarities to Mitch Marner in terms of playing style but not as high a ceiling. Would be a cool darkhorse pick.
Another one to watch is Yegor Surin. Would be a higher skilled upgrade on Max Mccue, hits everyone that moves, loves to fight, but would put up better offensive numbers. Not sure if he has any interest in coming over but would likely be at the top of a lot of lists.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014

Gabriel Eliasson is a mutant

Does Gaz even want to come back?

Reactions: LDN and tjziel

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Knights PR said that the Knights are expected to make 2 selections. Halttunnens rights are protected. Not sure about gazizov at this point

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Darn, Charlottetown picked Luka Radivojevic!

Alright let’s see what Mark has in store. Luka was my perfect pick to come to London the following year.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
The Toronto Maple Leafs now have six former London Knights under contract.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
There goes Emil Hemming to Barrie as well! Let’s pray that Konsta Helenius is around when the Knights pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad