Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just don't see anything MN is willing to trade that WIN would really want after they 13th pick was made.

Maybe Ohgren? But I think MN has his as unavailable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just don't see anything MN is willing to trade that WIN would really want after they 13th pick was made.

Maybe Ohgren? But I think MN has his as unavailable.
I mean, this was the opportunity for Guerin to move Rossi, if indeed wanted to. McG seems to be his kind of player. Just don't think that it can be a 1 for 1 swap. WPG needs to add, but it can be something like a 2nd.

Could be that BG's desire to move Rossi was exaggerated, or he simply doesn't think that McG is anywhere near Gauthier value.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I mean, this was the opportunity for Guerin to move Rossi, if indeed wanted to. McG seems to be his kind of player. Just don't think that it can be a 1 for 1 swap. WPG needs to add, but it can be something like a 2nd.

Could be that BG's desire to move Rossi was exaggerated, or he simply doesn't think that McG is anywhere near Gauthier value.

I don't think WIN wants Rossi. He doesn't fit their team/identify or meet a need for them.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think WIN wants Rossi. He doesn't fit their team/identify or meet a need for them.
He absolutely does. They want a 2C. Rossi can do that. I just think we'd be crazy to do that trade for a college player. McG had an excellent year, but he plays wing, and has slow feet.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He absolutely does. They want a 2C. Rossi can do that. I just think we'd be crazy to do that trade for a college player. McG had an excellent year, but he plays wing, and has slow feet.

They already have a few guys on their roster that "can" play the 2C. WIN (Chevy) just doesn't like having small players on their team.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
mcgroarty doesn't quite have snuggerud goal scoring so im not sure how much i'd offer. hes good but not great on paper. keep in mind his points could be slightly inflated being on a terrific team.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
$6.3M in cap space with just Chisholm to sign (assuming Ohgren & Lauko are on the roster). Kind of an awkward spot to be in for FA signings.

Feel like they’re in a position where it may make more sense to take on a 1-year cap dump in exchange for futures.

Reactions: Puhis

Wabit

May 23, 2016
$6.3M in cap space with just Chisholm to sign (assuming Ohgren & Lauko are on the roster). Kind of an awkward spot to be in for FA signings.

Feel like they’re in a position where it may make more sense to take on a 1-year cap dump in exchange for futures.

I think they still need to go and get another FWD or two. I don't trust any of Heidt, Marat K, or Ohgren enough to say they'll stick on the NHL roster. One of the Iowa FWDs would need to take a big step to make the NHL team for more than an injury callup. Milne is my pick to do that.

I'm wondering if they'll try to pry Zeev out of college this offseason or wait on him to be a late season addition (like Faber)?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Philly has Johansen at 1 x $4M and Petersen as a buried 1 x $3.85M and 3 2nd round picks in 2025.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I'm sort of hoping they do nothing with it, and then make a huge splash for a star player with term at the TDL. They'll have accrued enough space to basically take on anyone they want, and with the dead cap coming off in the off-season, they'll have enough space to keep them. Unfortunately, I'm not sure who, if anyone, will be available.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Any interest in the recent buyout victim Jeff Skinner on a cheap prove-it type deal?

46 points last year, but 82 points and 30+ goals the year before.

Plus he could be an untapped playoff god that just never had a chance to prove it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Any interest in the recent buyout victim Jeff Skinner on a cheap prove-it type deal?

46 points last year, but 82 points and 30+ goals the year before.

Plus he could be an untapped playoff god that just never had a chance to prove it.

He's a Vanek type of player. No defense, no grit, heavy o-zone start, but will score goals.

The price would have to be right and I'd be interested, but I don't know what that price would be for me.

Reactions: Wasted Talent

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think they still need to go and get another FWD or two. I don't trust any of Heidt, Marat K, or Ohgren enough to say they'll stick on the NHL roster. One of the Iowa FWDs would need to take a big step to make the NHL team for more than an injury callup. Milne is my pick to do that.

I'm wondering if they'll try to pry Zeev out of college this offseason or wait on him to be a late season addition (like Faber)?
keep him in college, for sure.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm just wondering if he is already better than Chishom/Merrill as the 3LD? It's not a high bar.
Oh, he could well be, but you don't want 18 yo's to go into the league unless they are unusually strong and mature. You want him to stay in college, eat well, work out well, mature mentally, fill out a bit more, and in his case, work on some defensive details. I don't hate his defense, but don't particularly like it. He needs to get better, and not in the NHL, where he'll get taken advantage of. This guy is no Faber, defensively. Throwing Buium off the deep end in the NHL is not the way to go, for me.

I would rather see Hunt take over from Merrill. He is ready, both physically(15 lbs. and 1" bigger than Buium, good skater) and talent wise. Remains to be seen if he can be a top 4 Dman, a bottom pairing guy, or...?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oh, he could well be, but you don't want 18 yo's to go into the league unless they are unusually strong and mature. You want him to stay in college, eat well, work out well, mature mentally, fill out a bit more, and in his case, work on some defensive details. I don't hate his defense, but don't particularly like it. He needs to get better, and not in the NHL, where he'll get taken advantage of. This guy is no Faber, defensively. Throwing Buium off the deep end in the NHL is not the way to go, for me.

I would rather see Hunt take over from Merrill. He is ready, both physically(15 lbs. and 1" bigger than Buium, good skater) and talent wise. Remains to be seen if he can be a top 4 Dman, a bottom pairing guy, or...?

Usually I would agree, but 50p in 42 college games last year makes me wonder things I usually say about CHL players being too good for the league.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Names Russo has tossed out there are:

Laine
Perron
Tarasenko
Kane
Duclair
Drouin

im very intrigued with Laine if they can make it work financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad