Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Buium-Faber
Brodin-xxxx
Middleton-Spurgeon?

I feel somewhat less comfortable giving Faber 9M+ knowing he’s not going to be playing PP1 long term.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Buium-Faber
Brodin-xxxx
Middleton-Spurgeon?

I feel somewhat less comfortable giving Faber 9M+ knowing he’s not going to be playing PP1 long term.
Better change your avatar.

I'm still comfortable paying Faber. We don't know that Buium will be playing PP1. We know Faber can, while still providing elite defense. It's fair dollars without being outlandish. The Wild have an elite winger, what looks to be an elite defenseman, maybe an elite goaltender if he pans out. They still need an elite center, but otherwise, those are the main building blocks to a championship roster. Better lock them up while they can.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Revisit the Rutger deal - Heidt + Lambos? Heidt value probably highest it will be, Lambos was C for the Winnipeg Ice and is from there...
I think WPG is looking for someone who can play now. Rossi would be their target. I would want a + added to Rossi if he is going the other way. I get that McG is bigger, and has some FU in his game, but it's college FU, which is untested in the pros. On top of that, he is not a great skater, and a wing.

McG is not a sure thing to be even a good NHL'er, while Rossi proved last year that he will be, at the very least, a competent 3C.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I think WPG is looking for someone who can play now. Rossi would be their target. I would want a + added to Rossi if he is going the other way. I get that McG is bigger, and has some FU in his game, but it's college FU, which is untested in the pros. On top of that, he is not a great skater, and a wing.

McG is not a sure thing to be even a good NHL'er, while Rossi proved last year that he will be, at the very least, a competent 3C.

I agree 100% with the Rossi point. Personally, I think it sends the wrong message to the prospects that have recently been mentioned as looking to Rossi as the model prospect in terms of "sacrificing" their summer to stay in MN and work on everything. Rossi did everything the Wild asked of him and was just an all rookie 40 point player. Unlikely that is his ceiling. Kinda crazy to trade that for an unknown imo.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

A + added to Rossi?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Faber for me would be 8.5-9, but with the cap increase 9.5 might be the new that. Buium and Faber on separate PP’s sounds like a recipe for possible success.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I haven't followed along closely, but would Rossi be somewhat redundant with what they've got in Perfetti? Age, size, role, skillset, etc.

A name I haven't seen mentioned in all this is Ohgren, who's also ready to step into the NHL. Doesn't have the same scoring resume, but played in the SHL where young players never put up gaudy numbers. Style and build-wise, might be more similar to what they'd be losing? 19th overall vs 14th, so the pedigree isn't miles different if that still matters to anyone.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Problem is that there's no basis for 8x$8 after the Sanderson and Power contracts.

I could be very wrong, but I don't think that $9.5M is a worry.
I ultimately think it will be fine, just don’t know if it ages well if he’s a 35 point defenseman

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I haven't followed along closely, but would Rossi be somewhat redundant with what they've got in Perfetti? Age, size, role, skillset, etc.

A name I haven't seen mentioned in all this is Ohgren, who's also ready to step into the NHL. Doesn't have the same scoring resume, but played in the SHL where young players never put up gaudy numbers. Style and build-wise, might be more similar to what they'd be losing? 19th overall vs 14th, so the pedigree isn't miles different if that still matters to anyone.
Perfetti hasn't been playing C for them. I think that WPG is looking to move Ehlers, and will move Perfetti up into his #2LW spot. There is some redundancy with their skillsets, but Rossi is a different animal once you look closely. They are two smart, skilled players once you look closely at them. I can see both following Granlund's development trajectory at least, and that's not the worst thing.

Good point about Ohgren.... I like him, and don't know if i want to move him. He's got good size and strength, better skating, better shot(?) than McG, and a good two way game. We can only speculate as to whether McGroarty is a better prospect. From WPG's POV, Ohgren would be ready to play for them now, would not be scared off by the cold weather, and would report to their AHL club. Would have to be a win for them.

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I guess to clarify: we'd be adding to Ohgren, though I'm not sure what. But with where Winnipeg is at they might prioritize a particular fit that Ohgren suits better.

If it's not one of those two, that's probably the end of that idea.
I'm not adding shit to Ohgren. WPG should shut up and be happy we've solved a problem for them.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm not adding shit to Ohgren. WPG should shut up and be happy we've solved a problem for them.
I think it's more about teams we'd be bidding against since there seems to be wide interest.

And I could well be underselling Ohgren, who's still mostly a mystery box to me aside from stuff I read online.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad