Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m curious to hear what Seth says on Locked On Wild. He’s been beating the Beckman should get top 6 minutes drum for a bit.

I hesitate to say this lest it be interpreted as complaining by some, but it is generally a good idea to give top 6 style players opportunities in the top 6 where they're more likely to succeed.

I'm excited to see if Clarke can do anything in training camp/preseason.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I hesitate to say this lest it be interpreted as complaining by some, but it is generally a good idea to give top 6 style players opportunities in the top 6 where they're more likely to succeed.

I'm excited to see if Clarke can do anything in training camp/preseason.
Given how the middle 6 wings did this past year, I think it’s a heavy indictment on how they feel about Beckman since he was not given a chance over Johansson.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Given how the middle 6 wings did this past year, I think it’s a heavy indictment on how they feel about Beckman since he was not given a chance over Johansson.

Yeah I'm not losing any sleep over Beckman specifically not being given that opportunity. He didn't exactly excel in top 6 ice time in the AHL either.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Not sure if this has been posted or not.

No bueno. Had no idea the guy was still living locally after he retired.

1719029121243.png

• Wow
Reactions: Jbcraig1883

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That's my angle. Even though he never lived there, maybe Brandt is pining for the shores of Lake Waconia, and is choking on the smog in LA?:thumbu:
Hey don’t be mean about the smog

Nobody is.

At least he has company.
I never understand people who just want to give players top 6 minutes as an experiment.

Guerin already tried Rossi for Gauthier. Wouldn't be surprised if he tried again. I would be surprised if Winnipeg went in-division though.
Is that confirmed?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's what I hope our GM would be willing to do

Yeah I don't really understand the refusal to trade within division most of the time. You're giving them a piece but they're also giving you an equivalent package or piece (if you're good at trades). It evens out and you get something you like.

I could understand in a situation with Gauthier or McGroarty if you have to trade the player and you don't think you can get something as good. In Guerin's situation here? Don't see it as a problem.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I still don't love the idea of trading Rossi for a winger before we even know if Yurov sticks as a center in the NHL, but if they're going to trade Rossi for a winger, they could do worse than McGroarty

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I still don't love the idea of trading Rossi for a winger before we even know if Yurov sticks as a center in the NHL, but if they're going to trade Rossi for a winger, they could do worse than McGroarty
Is McGroarty a winger? I've seen him listed as both a center and winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad