Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would people do the following trade:

Yurov+pick #13+Hartman for Brady Tkachuk

Kap-Ek-Zucc
Tkachuk-Rossi-Boldy
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Foligno
Johansson-Gaudreau-Letteri

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm-Bogosian
Merrill

Gus
Wallstedt
Fleury

That is a pretty rock solid lineup.
Absolutely, I would do it. If rumors about him being unhappy in OTT are true, then OTT could do worse than this deal, though convincing Hartman to waive his NMC for that shitshow would be a challenge.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Can we keep Hartman and give them foligno? Still kind of want to see what yurov becomes.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If the Wild are interested in TKacuk, Boldy would have to be going the other way.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Even if you meant Matthew Tkachuk, this is still very far away from something that I would agree with.
Well evaluating the players is one thing, but the uncertainty around Kaprizov has to come into the picture. If you’re telling me Kaprizov either leaves after 2 more years or we sign him to a 12M+ AAV over 8 years at age 30, or we can get Brady Tkachuk for at least 4 years and sign him to an extension at 29, I think k you have to at least consider that.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well evaluating the players is one thing, but the uncertainty around Kaprizov has to come into the picture. If you’re telling me Kaprizov either leaves after 2 more years or we sign him to a 12M+ AAV over 8 years at age 30, or we can get Brady Tkachuk for at least 4 years and sign him to an extension at 29, I think k you have to at least consider that.
Wouldn’t the whole point of trading for Tkachuk be to supplement Kaprizov with another star player to incentivize him to stay?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would trade Kaprizov for Brady Tkachuk
Not me. I get your thinking, as Kaprizov is older, and has a less appealing contract situation, but Kap is something special. Brady has always been part of a loser, despite having good players around him. Kap is inspirational, Tkachuk isn't.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If the Wild are interested in TKacuk, Boldy would have to be going the other way.
Yeah, something like Boldy and Rossi would probably do it. Would work out salary wise, too. Lots of FU in Brady's game. :sarcasm:

Another outside of the box idea would be to trade Faber for Tkachuk, straight up. It would be us saying screw defense, let's forecheck the hell out of them and score.

Kaprizov - JEE _ Boldy
Tkachuk - Rossi - Zucc/Yurov/Ohgren top 6 would be fun

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So you guys don't think that Rossi will be traded. Russo said there's a big chance, you think he's wrong?

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
So you guys don't think that Rossi will be traded. Russo said there's a big chance, you think he's wrong?
Guerin is after Gauthier level players with Rossi. He’s not getting traded.
I don't think there were any mentions of "chance of traded" in the Russo articles - or at least, an implication of getting RID of Rossi. The only Russo reference was a Rossi for C.Gauthier trade as possible. And if take that as a point of reference, Jamie Drysdale + 2nd was traded for Gauthier, so like a more physical Drysdale: a 20-22 yr old defenseman that also plays #2-3 minutes in the NHL.

If there is alot of that, sure then its likely. But I don't see that happening - ergo not likely. Problem is, ppl take that and then offer up B level prospets + a 2nd (like that matters).

EDIT: TLDR: Aiming for C.Gauthier, D. Jiricek etc. Top NHL ready prospect talents that 'll be #1-2 on most NHL team prospect list.

Last edited:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Would people do the following trade:

Yurov+pick #13+Hartman for Brady Tkachuk

Kap-Ek-Zucc
Tkachuk-Rossi-Boldy
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Foligno
Johansson-Gaudreau-Letteri

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm-Bogosian
Merrill

Gus
Wallstedt
Fleury

That is a pretty rock solid lineup.
Nope. Not trading Yurov.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i understand guerin most likely wants to get bigger , then why not just draft greentree instead of trade rossi and others? at this moment in time i think its a mistake to trade rossi.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
i understand guerin most likely wants to get bigger , then why not just draft greentree instead of trade rossi and others? at this moment in time i think its a mistake to trade rossi.
I’d take MBN and Sennecke before Greentree. Greentree is more of a pick 18-25 guy IMO.

This draft has plenty of 6’1” or taller players in the middle range of the 1st.

Reactions: Slotski

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
More Smith and Russo speculation released in the Athletic today, I don’t think there’s much surprising, they basically admitted the Rossi speculation is clickbait stuff:

“So that leaves only a handful of trade options, which is why you keep hearing Marco Rossi’s name out there.

However, as you’ll read in this “Who stays, who goes?” piece, as of now, trading the hard-working, very talented youngster seems unlikely unless it’s a total no-brainer. The impression we get after recent staff meetings is that Guerin is less inclined to shop Rossi over the next three weeks aggressively. Now, if somebody calls up and offers him a deal that’s too good to pass up, anything’s possible.”

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
More Smith and Russo speculation released in the Athletic today, I don’t think there’s much surprising, they basically admitted the Rossi speculation is clickbait stuff:

“So that leaves only a handful of trade options, which is why you keep hearing Marco Rossi’s name out there.

However, as you’ll read in this “Who stays, who goes?” piece, as of now, trading the hard-working, very talented youngster seems unlikely unless it’s a total no-brainer. The impression we get after recent staff meetings is that Guerin is less inclined to shop Rossi over the next three weeks aggressively. Now, if somebody calls up and offers him a deal that’s too good to pass up, anything’s possible.”

Most notable thing in that article was the phrase, "shake up the make up".

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

It's funny, on the one hand they say what you quoted, on the other they list him among the guys who are "50-50" to return next season, behind Lettieri and ahead of Gustafsson.

My best guess is that one of Russo and Smith thinks Rossi won't be traded, and the other thinks there's a good chance he will, so their collaborations are confused affairs. That's the most charitable explanation I can think of.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's funny, on the one hand they say what you quoted, on the other they list him among the guys who are "50-50" to return next season, behind Lettieri and ahead of Gustafsson.

My best guess is that one of Russo and Smith thinks Rossi won't be traded, and the other thinks there's a good chance he will, so their collaborations are confused affairs. That's the most charitable explanation I can think of.

It's a just an offseason filler article trying to get something interesting out of a very uninteresting team. MN only has 2 somewhat reasonable trade candidates (Rossi and Gus), not a lot of cap space to go shopping for FA, a meh draft pick, and the rest of the roster is untradeable.

Russo is too afraid to write anything negative or ask the hard questions about the Wild. This should be an offseason where those things happen. He's more of a fanboy/media personality than news guy now; which is sad because he was a good news guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad