GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers | 8:30PM CST | FSN, FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2013-articles/february/wild-vs-oil.html

I am a little surprised you guys haven't started a poll here yet on how long a suspension for Hall will / won't be. Nice rally back after another ugly 1st period. It was also good to see the other lines be a factor too! Real sad to see Clutterbuck hurt, because he had a terrific game tonight too. Huge win, I have a full game recap plus a big Houston Aeros report too! Enjoy!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
"How would we feel if it were reversed, if it was Clutter hitting Hall?"
- Mike Yeo

and say something unfortunate happens to an edmonton player the next game...Proof he put out a hit on an oiler player!

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
All I know is those last 10 minutes you could tell Edmonton was feeling the heat more and more that they were going to lose again. They upped the physical play and the way to deal with another loss was to go this route and that's why Clutter might not play again this season.

I am shocked Edmonton fans can remotely justify it.

Well they still are Canadian fans, I stopped asking myself that question after seeing Canuckleheads nation justify stuff over the years.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Watching the play on NHL network now. That is dirty as hell.

If Hall is not suspended on the 3rd by Shanahan then he had better watch out.

Hope he lines up against Konopka and he just destroys him. The hell with the instigator penalty, don't wait for the gloves to drop, just grab him and hit him under the chin. Everyone else on the ice can just grab an opposing player and keep them out of it.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Is anyone else mildly concerned no Wild players went after Hall right after the hit? I understand we didn't have Konopka or KAssian in the line-up, but Brodz was on the ice and he'd be more than willing to drop them.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Is anyone else mildly concerned no Wild players went after Hall right after the hit? I understand we didn't have Konopka or KAssian in the line-up, but Brodz was on the ice and he'd be more than willing to drop them.

No, I'm not worried about it, they were more worried about Clutter than anything else. EDM is lucky that there was like no time left in the game.

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012

Brodz tried to get near Hall, but was blocked by Oiler players. Then they tossed Hall, I am kind of glad they didn't take a run at one of their stars, really would have been senseless. That being said, Hall better be ready for physical play next time the Wild take on the Oil.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
He sure has, ridiculous that Melrose called him out for being a disappointment.

Even before tonight, 4 points and +2 in his last five games.
It's Barry Melrose. He said the Wild would win the Cup for goodness sake!

Mr4iWxi.png

...oh goddamnit.
I like it.

"The big story tonight is...the play by Niklas Backstrom"
- FSN host

What?
Ummm...that's at best third and closer to fifth.

did he make a notable save?
He had one early on. Problem is that Backstrom's second best save was Gagner whiffing on his breakaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad